Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: A discussion about the future of the forum.

MookMobile
    withnail,

its so hard.

this place has grown so quickly over the years, i won't lie, its got out of control.

heather has so many plans for the website, and additional things, but somehow its never happened.

the older we have got the more commitments we have. and the less "work" gets done.

its a shame.

we have tried to have recruitment drives before, tried to stir people into helping, but it never comes to anythng, so, as i'm sure you'll agree, after a while its hard to keep trying to to get people to help. The motivation goes.

There is a lot right with this plce, and a hell of a lot wrong, and i feel its everybody's fault the forum and club are the way they are.

however, thats now, yesterday, and everyday before.

ideally what we need is fresh blood. The site might come away from the Abarth Origins, subtle mods and that feeling when it all started of ownign a Q hatch, but if that is what it takes to make PSC suceed, then so be it.

I think i would like to see the likes of jimma, soche, maybe stevenz and a few other regular posters, but not major post whores, take some control.

we shall see.

either way change is afoot, and despite what others may think, all "admin" ever wants, is whats best for the forum/club/Fiat Punto

mook

Punto know it all
    moved/edited

Quote Originally Posted by Mookistar
    moved/edited
    Where to ?

Post the link so that all who have been involved can read it, and continue.

Cheers.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto know it all
    here you penis

from off topic with the pic of neo on page one

mook

Quote Originally Posted by Mookistar
    here you penis

from off topic with the pic of neo on page one

mook
    I just made myself look more of a dick than usual didn't I ?

Sorry

But then again, I didn't really notice what section it was in to begin with, and I haven't read back over any of the pages in the past hour or so.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

soche
    I'd like to help but I dont get time. A lot of time is needed to monitor and update the site and then theres heaps of behind the scenes stuff which people with a job just wont get time for.

The forum is essentially a knowledge base based around the Punto and other areas which have grown such as technology / other cars / ladies!

Overtime it has become a meeting place to speak with people with similar interests (and to show pictures ;0 ), although sadly in some instances people bring their schoolboy rants about people / mgt / admin onto here which brings the place down.

I bet that with new people in charge the same thing will happen. Uni will end, they will start working / have busier lives / change of car etc.

I cant believe this post is soooo long.

The site needs some focus - I think we should start some 'sessions' to bring the group together. The sessions will be used to take pics for the PSC Christmas Calendar 2004 / 2005 :P I vote Vibrio to take pics as he has got a good eye, then members can vote who gets in the calendar!!

demonfish
    few things...

all moderators none technical - erm i dont think so.

wont join unless there is a solid base - there wont be a solid base, because nobody ever offers to help.

webiste front end - i say ditch it for now, concentrate on the forum, then let the website become a product of the forum, and not the forum be a product of the site, we can get back to things like profile pages etc.

re the website. it can be as simple as this:

why dont you sort the website. the whole thing, now. go on do it.

not meaning to be harsh, but i am guessing you either dont want to, wont have the time, cant be bothered, dont know how to, arent interested- the point i am making is, we all have other things to do. sure enough if all i did when i got home was write webpages, i would understand your complaining at the site not been complete.

this forum is not my life, i wouldnt want it to stop tomorrow, but i wouldnt cry endlessly if it did, i have my friends and with that i am happy.

all i want is a place where we can share info, arrange meets etc BUT SOMEONE HAS TO DO THE WORK.

i would love you to take over the whole lot, and see if you can get it all off the ground. well to be fair thats whats going to happen.

i give you 12 months, if this place has turned around then fine, you win, and you did a better job than us.

we will be giving paid members the chance to nominate new moderators to take over the admin of the forum.

when this is done we will discuss the best way of taking the forum forward, and hopefully, by the end of the year, everyone will be happy. well almost

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac
    two posts above referring to mook

i wasn't targeting anyone specific, its just the way people say things about the forum being "the club"

the club is the work by its members getting together and having something to be proud of. USC was the first step on that ladder

=D> to JimJam

we need more though, we need newsletter contributions, events, photographs, reviews, annual events, and less bloody criticism for the people behind the scenes
    *posting as james* sorry

Thanks very much Iain, hopefully we can sort out an article for the newsletter on USC.

I can imagine Donny being the same success

demonfish
    reading peoples comments again about moderation and monitoring the site....

would everyone be happier if all the moderators did was manage the forum?

by this i mean not remove insulting posts flaming etc, i mean ideally, this shouldnt happen in the first place, but it was withnail i think who said somewhere, we cant control what people can \ cant write.

so perhaps thats the prob? perhaps we shouldnt create the work for ourselves.

people coming on here obviously (or should) realise its a public forum, and open to any kind of arguments etc than happen....

so if we never post chopped, and never banned someone for slagging somebody else off - would that work??? serious question - it would more than half the work

we should just leave it to fights at local meetings lol

Gearbox Abuser
    Reference of why i posted that pic.... cos i thought it was funny and cos i wanted to..

xibit, please dont comment on things you know **** about, i posted that pics and james cant reply, just like he posts **** things bout me, and my car, saying its **** and will brake and he hopes i crash..........

i have every right to post pics like that. and will continue to do so if i wish...

if you actually read the original thread i never said "look at this ****" or anything along them lines, just saw the pic on another forum and thought it was funny.

some peeps over react soooooooooo much and threads like this soon turn into the"forums run by nazi mods who stick together"

grow up will ya.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456