Thread: opinions? - 1.7TD

PuntoTD688

opinions? - 1.7TD

Whats peoples opinions on the 1.7TD?
    I know they are pretty rare, when i bought it i was pretty lucky as i needed a cheap runa round after owning a fuel guzzling horrible rusty XR2i.
    I knew i wanted a punto but wasnt sure what was the best deal or engine to get, i figured the diesel would be ideal as i cover quite a few miles and cashflow is tight!! (without the parents)
    Looking at the stats its got more horsepower than the 1.1s but ive heard they are pretty quick anyway, the TD is 72BHP and once the turbo kicks in it does shift.
    its slighty modded too, GT sideskirts, crystal alloys, amp 6x 9s, CD, its gota a sporty look to it, want to get it lowered next, dont know if theres any point though, she's done 165k (is this a record) but ive had to problems, flew through the MoT last month and still is very much alive and everything works (Its the SX by the way)

Is there any mods available to this type of car?

Loads of mods available, but I wouldnt try any performance mods as you dont know how much longer your engine will last, 165k is 90k more than my GT1

PuntoTD688
    Yeah tell me about it, i dont have hardly any history with the car either! Hense i did get it quite cheap and its not tatty or anything, apart from a whole where someone tried breaking into it with a screwdriver by the drivers door lock!!

What kind of mods are available, if she's gona die, she's gota die in style!

Induction kit, exhaust system on the performance side, maybe a chip if you can find one for the deisel.

PuntoTD688
    i've tried looking everywhere for mods but can only find lowering springs, i didnt think the diesel was run off a ECU?? is there a special wedsite that could help me out, can find mods for every punto going apart form the TD

Typical

Had the same prob with my 1.2 8valve but prob too new at the time

Dude, there is a guy pushin out a lot of power and torque out of one of them bad boy diesels, 200+ i think, but he's spent a lot of money on it 8)