Thread: Hi From NZ

Hi From NZ

Hello to all. Rob here from the other side of the world. I have been a fiat fanatic all my life and this is my first foray into online forums. I guess I qualify to be here because I have a 1995 Punto GT. Bought it a bought 3 years ago. There are not to many gt's in New Zealand. Was once told that there were only 17 sold new in New Zealand. The main reason I bought it was because I had previously had 3 mk1 uno turbo ie's at various time. Awesome. The sohc engine is Lampredi's best. Knowing I probably wouldn't ever find a good one easily, the punto gt was the next best thing.

My little red gt is a nice straight standard example the hasn't been played with. The clear coat is starting to peel off on the roof and bonnet because of the harshness of our sun. It's done 190000 km. resides in the shed with the other toys. The 500 Abarth essesse is it's best friend in the shed. They get out occasionally for a blast on a nice sunny weekend. Also have a couple of classic 500f in the shed but that's another story and project.

Since buying the gt I have added the wheels from modern 500. Tyres are 195-45-15 Toyo T1r.
    That's about it really. Here's a couple of photos. Hope they work.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...vtWOZs3QaHc1To

Punto know it all
    Welcome to psc

Punto Enthusiast
    Welcome!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Very nice! Like the Abarth 500 too. We have a black one.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake