Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Jaguar XF Sportbrake

Did she swing out left to make the right? I hate those *****, I go furking murd on the horn when people do it to me. Must've been a whack, cars seem pretty strong these days... Had a women pull in to the nearside of the work car as I was overtaking her and some other vehicles, hardly left a mark and we clattered quite hard, was expecting damage like the above...

Looks a nice motor anyway, agree with Wilky, the interior is very nice.

We were travelling in opposite directions. She wanted to make a right turn into a side street on my left bit completely ignored the fact I was travelling towards her.

https://youtu.be/7dlrswVnaHE

Crazy bint.

But cheers. The interior is rather nice although I am looking to upgrade the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Dozy slag, looked a right thump!

Stupid woman! The jag barely moved when she hit you, would have probably peeled a Punto in half.

Shame there's no sound on the video, would have loved to hear your reaction
    Did you tell her you had a dash cam?
    I've been contemplating getting one, I do a lot of driving around the city centre and lost count of the amount of times I've had a close shave....

Haha I removed the audio purely because of my reaction. Not for public consumption, that's for sure.

I didn't tell her purely because she openly admitted it was her fault there any then. I don't think I would be without one now, so many idiots on the road, I've had countless near misses. It only takes one accident where the third part denies it for the camera to pay for itself and that happens too often as well.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Think we need to see the copy with Audio on it

Did you drop a C-bomb?

The incident with me is being forced upon work to take the full hit.

Long story short...

Shes in a line of stuff following a tractor.

Roads a long slopped valley and you can see a full mile, gave them all chance to start overtaking an nobody did so stuck indicators on and made my move.

A van, one vehicle in front pulls out on me already so I'm leaning on the far right of the road to look passed it making sure the roads still clear.

Next thing BOOM, shes seen the van go passed and pulled out without indicating. I didn't even see her cus she moved over as I was already alongside/passing her.

Pull in and shes a ****ing mong, just wanted to go to work cus she was late so i did all the swapping of details, took photos, her name all that ****. The first thing she said to me was "Oh I didn't think there was anything after the van"

Few days later she is in touch with someone from work about insurance and tells them she has a dashcam.

Work get on to insurance about what to do, they send me some stuff, I write a detailed statement about 6-sides long.

Hear nothing for 14 weeks!!! Her statement is less than a side of A4, lists all sorts of intricate details about cars, car registration numbers fore and aft of her and claims I swerved in to her to avoid an on coming car

No mention of dashcam footage. Their insurer seems more forthright in blaming me than ours are in blaming her despite the damage to both cars shows she went in to the nearside rear of me.

So they've got dashcam footage showing her smashing in to me but have withheld it after pulling a load of details about it 3months later.

Moral of the story = People are *****/should've had a dashcam

Next time i'll check for a dashcam and discreetly record what they say.

Punto know it all
    Was this in the evo??

No, works Astra shootingbrake

That steering wheel is tasty. And its all about a dash cam these days, but doesn't help if you get hit on the rear driver side by a skip wagon on a roundabout tho!

Dan, keep pushing for a copy of the CCTV (mention how can she quote all these reg numbers without having a visual reference at a later date), coz it sounds like they'll be going for 100% blame on you, and there'll be nowt you can do to defend coz you were on the wrong side of the road - and I'm assuming didn't get any witness details...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast