Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.

Currently I don't own a Fiat but have my heart set on a Fiat Punto GT mk1-3. Hopefully from this website I should be able to get up to speed on what to look for when buying.

My brother quite a few years ago bought a 1997 Fiat Punto 1.4 GT Mk2 I believe. Cracking little car probably one of his favourites. I passed my test years ago but have never bothered getting a car. I didn't want anything that was all blow no go. And since insurance for a 1.4 turbo is rediculous for under 21's I decided to wait. Well I'm 21 in a few months time, insurance has dropped to £600 which I can live with, especially as a first car, so I've decided to start saving the pennies and grab myself a neat ride.

I'm aware that these are starting to get harder to get your hands on, and impossible to get an unmolested one, so with that in mind I just want the car to be mechanically sound (with no aftermarket body kit). I personally am not a mechanic however I am always willing to give things a try. I've built my own custom motorcycle this included creating new parts of the frame to swap out the suspension, supermotoing it and building an engine from scratch. Even improvising and banging the crankcases in the oven so I can drop some new bearings in.

I'm currently a mod of a motorcycle forum and since then have realised how precious these forums are as a resource for information.

Would love to hear from any Punto GT members. Have a look at your build thread and have a look at some do's and don'ts when buying a Fiat.

I think that'll do for an intro.

My brothers old GT and something that I wish to own in the next few months.

Punto know it all
    Welcome to Psc

Sounds like you know what you want.

There are a few on eBay at the moment, the reds one looks decent.

Also a nice yellow one on gumtree, I believe this one belonged to a member a while back.

I've still got a few months to save yet. But I've been watching them go on eBay for the last 12 months. They seem to be going for a higher price than they once were...