So I've realised my garden is just filled with two punto's staring at each other and it's just silly, so decided I would get cracking on my engine transplant.
Stripped the 55s down the other evening, got some help off the cat, obviously.
Started just before dark because I'm a bit of a fool like that. So i got to a stage where I can rip the 1.1 out and realised I don't have a crane so called it a night then

^that is every drop of coolant from the rad/engine. Turns out she was empty. More rust than water!
Then in the morning popped round the corner and borrowed a crane from pikey mike

Wanted to remove the box too but didn't have a deep enough socket for the shaft/hub bolt so that'll be fixed asap.
As I hit a wall with the physical swap started on the tedious part.

Getting the dash off wasn't as hard as I always assumed, wiring makes my brain hurt though so I was kinda kacking it at the prospect, going to be interesting putting the extra wiring back in from the gt..

Also fitted the gt1 doorcards and all the central locking/speakers/leccy windows and mirrors

But yeah, I'll whip the shafts out ASAP and make sure she's ready for gt wiring/plumbing and then start stripping the gt in the next couple days.. Haven't hit many snags so far, god knows what I need to remove/change for the shell to become a gt. Going to be replacing pipes/wires for days!

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk