Thread: mk2b t-jet

Punto Enthusiast

mk2b t-jet

weve all been there at some stage really, 4am thinking about what kind of car we can build, the last few weeks i have been considering a mk1 sporting to gt conversion ( there arent that many over in ireland, so a conversion is the best choice)
    then my lil bro comes home in a hgt which made me all jelly after taking a spin. so last night it dawned upon me. the tjet. in a mk2

ok so wont blow anyones minds, i havent looked it up at all but im guessing its been done before so im here for advice.

as far as i can remember the 1.4 tjet and the 1.2 16v use the same block right? what im wondering is if i was to attempt this conversion whats involved.
    do i need
    custom mounts for engine and box
    are the driveshafts the same or do i need custom lengths and modified hubs or cv joints?

or

is it as "simple" as changing crank, rods,pistons and adding a turbo,manifold and other necessary bits to the 1.2 16v?and then of course adding standalone management, which i plan on doing either way

any help guys?

Punto Lover
    you can get a mk2b punto sporting 1.4 16v which i think is basically the same as the 1.4 tjet just without a turbo