Thread: TerraClean

Punto know it all

TerraClean

Regular viewers of Wheeler Dealers on Discovery Channel will probably know the name - Edd China was fixing up a Jaguar XK8 V8 and gave it the Terraclean treatment which significantly improved the emissions and apparently its restores response and driveability too. also cleans the lambda sensor too. smoother idle and a "drive away" difference. we'll see.

If you havent seen this then here is the clip;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CdO-7FVvPY

Picked up a leaflet from my garage today and had a chat with one of the staff about it.
    Price is £96 including VAT for petrols up to 2 litres and it takes about an hour for the treatment.
    They have had carried quite a few of these out now on petrol and diesel cars.
    I asked if theyve had any feedback or complaints - the overall feedback has been good although some owners of alfa diesels had one of two issues.
    The lady I spoke to has the heavier (than the PGT) Bravo 1.4T-jet and she had it done - as soon as she drove the car she could feel it was much better, far more torquier but she couldnt say much about any MPG improvements as she mainly does local stop starts. the leaflet suggests up to 14% MPG improvement. Even a 10% increase would give my GT a range of 484 miles on a steady run. not bad on £60 (47 litres) worth of fuel. I would suggest this is down to the injectors and fuel rail getting a thoroughly clean up.

sounds good to me.probably going to try it next week as the car is back for a brake fluid flush. i'll report back.

presumably any map would adjust to suit after the clean out??? i dont know about this.
    Last edited by clarkster; 27th February 2014 at 17:39.

Punto know it all
    In my opinion(!!) the gt doesn't really suffer from carbon or general crud build up.

I've never seen an open gt engine full of muck.

Not like the R56 turbo'd Mini Cooper s

First I've heard of this!

I think it seems a bit gimmicky to me.

But if you spend £50 a year on fuel and oil treatments then this does seem worth it - IF the results last for a good few years and your engine is clogged up.

That mini looks like Kate moss, coked up to ****

Punto know it all
    Ive been reading up on it and maybe im going to hold off on this.....some older cars seem to react badly to this......

Just wondering whether a bottle of injector cleaner is the better bet for a gt.......

What i heard from a Porsche garage, recommended for a Boxter S, was for every third fill use Optimax (as it was back then ) coz the extra detergents help keep carbon build up at bay. Even my garage tell me to do that with my diesel Yaris!

I think Wurth do the best fuel system cleaners. Some garages have a type thats not for resale, they have to put it in the tank for you - unless i had my plonker pulled when i was told that haha!

Stay away from Redex and Slick50 - never heard good things about either of them!

Theres no much info on the Terraclean website which makes me a bit dubious, i like to know how things work eh...