Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New lad from Kent

New lad from Kent

Hi guys my names Martin. I'm from Kent south east England and I'm current,y on the hunt for a gt turbo . I currently drive a 1997 180bhp rover 100

Hopefully will learn a lot from this site and will help me learn what I need to know about the gt's
    Thanks

Areet! Welcome to the forum!

I haven't seen one of them things for years! Looks like you put in a lot of work there like

Punto Enthusiast
    180bhp in a metro!!! Sounds like fun?!?! will you be parting with that once you've found a GT?

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Hi welcome. Metro looks nice!

Thanks for the warm welcome lads!! The metro is my pride and joy and sadly is up for sale to fun my new love of the Gt! A close friend has one that is also 170-180bhp and there an awesome car to drive!! Is there anything you lads could help me out with when it comes to buying one as its the first fist and first gt lol. As you can see I'm a metro man lol! Thanks guys

Punto know it all
    Welcome to Psc

Not many punto gts' come up for sale in the garden, so you will most likely need to travel for a good one.

Keep an eye out for rust, they are oldish cars now and tend to rot.

Do you have a budget or and preference?

Well my budget is around £1500 mate. I have a good friend with a yellow one and another mate who has one with football size holes in the floor that he's breaking so I'm hoping to buy some parts off of that.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm keeping my eye out on the usual eBay and gumtree etc, anywhere else I should look? Travelling isn't a problem as ill travel very far for the right one. I'm afraid of buying a modified one as I don't wanna buy a shed or one that hasn't been looked after :/ so thinking about having a standard base and work my way up?

Thanks for all the help and interest guys!!

Punto know it all
    did you snap that yellow one off ebay that was £1550 ono? (not the V reg one) i see the listing ended today and it was only put up a few days ago. looked nice.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Beany113 View Post
    Hi guys my names Martin. I'm from Kent south east England and I'm current,y on the hunt for a gt turbo . I currently drive a 1997 180bhp rover 100

Hopefully will learn a lot from this site and will help me learn what I need to know about the gt's
    Thanks
    i bet you pissed a few people off in that 180 in a Metro......sorry its a Rover 100!

Just keep an eye out for the outer sills, and "jacking points" under the rear footwell floors (which arent actually jacking points!) damage coz thats where the rust starts. Also, the rear inner arches...

There's a black GT on ebay now, it's been relisted twice, and the guy has got someone bidding it up again.

He told me the inner sills have been welded before, but reckons that its solid. Might be worth checking out and making an offer.

Tell you're mates to get on here too!

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast