Thread: Its been a while

Punto Lover

Its been a while

Evening All,

I can't remember the last time I posted on here, but a trip down memory lane while we're still in the pub discussing the cars we miss the most and no surprise....

So, I'm not fed up with the P1, I get a thumbs up a fair bit on the road and I get a load of Audi chancers in their 3l TDi's trying to race but no chance!!!

Now for the good bit, who's got a GT for sale??? Look at my previous GTs and you'll know what I'm looking for, I don't want a bargain thats £500 and give me problems every other day of the week.

I actually miss a MK1 Punto.... But I'm not ashamed to say it!!!

Chet

Punto Lover
    Good lad, that's what we like to hear

Punto Enthusiast
    Everyone comes back to a GT eventually .... Good luck in your search mate

Welcome back!

Punto know it all
    Ha.reinforces why ive had 10 of them and kept my current one over 4.5years.
    One I used to own is back on ebay at 1400 or make an offer.its aldo on gumtree at a silly 2000. Its burnt orange.gt3 in very nice order.reg r53 hhp.i had it briefly in 2008.very solid back then.not a panel scratched or damaged.mileage seems to tally.everything worked.drove nice and tight.that was 5 yr ago and x no.of owners since but worth making a trip id say and offer him 1100.maybe 1150-1200. Obviously you need to know what its like underneath.
    could be on its original clutch so check for slippage.....

Punto Sports Club Member Damosan's Avatar
    Welcome back, done any more to the p1?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by chetchet007 View Post
    Evening All,

I get a load of Audi chancers in their 3l TDi's trying to race but no chance!!!

Chet
    Those 3 litre twin turbo v6 diesels have about 313bhp and 650nm they are very rapid.i had to cane the backside out of my gt to keep up with one in doncaster about a year ago.off an island the guy looked at me in the mirror then nailed it but he wasnt putting any air between us on short srraights between islands probably helped by the fact his quattro was twice the weight of my punto.he was pedal to metal flat out too up to about 80.would have been sweet to have an arda/bradley/evil 300bhp set up to blow them away!
    on the motorway he had a big advantage and knew it would be silly to try and out run him.i think without the limiter they have been clocked at 170-180mph.those with autos are faster too as they just munch up the gears making the most of the narrow power band you have in a diesel.
    Last edited by clarkster; 26th January 2014 at 13:30.

Punto Lover
    P1 is still standard which is very very odd, but that's how I wanted it.

It's got about 106k on the clock now and I had it on the rollers @261bhp. So in 13 years it's lost 17bhp and the engines all standard ... I'll take that. It's my daily and I cannot fault it, it's literally point and shoot when it comes to handling, with the Punto you had to play with the throttle a fair bit.

Stuart, I'm not too sure on orange but then again it will be a toy so who cares .... He says. Now if a nice blue one was to come up for sale I'd be a happy boy!!!

Punto Sports Club Member Damosan's Avatar
    Decent!