Thread: Ebay

Punto know it all

Ebay

Rapidly getting fed up with Ebay now. Not sure how long its been like this but I found out today that they charge you a final value fee on the total cost paid by the buyer including your postage.

I always thought P&P was excluded from fee.

So if your XYZ item sells to Johnny for 99p and it costs a tenner to post it, he gets a bargain fair enough but ebay smack you for a minimum of £1.10 - wheres the sense in listing stuff now.

Not so bad if everything you list is Buyer Collect but you restrict your audience then......

It wasnt long ago the final value fee was 5% not 10% and it was only on the sale price. Postage was never included.

I think they are taking the piss nowadays.......I will be using Gumtree much more now as its totally free (although I wonder for how much longer). Pity though because I'm sure you get more wasters on Gumtree.
    Then again Ebays got its fair share of those too.

Yeah i heard about this too, utter piss take from them it really doesnt make it worth while using the site any more like you say totall greed in what they are doing.

As for Gumtree i use this alot but your right being free attracts even more ropey f*ckers and wasters i also think think they will charge soon just like Pistonheads does now days.

Punto know it all
    Forgot.at least its free here so will post up my cam tonight.

Hmmmm, I does't sound good.

Less than you would pay at an auction house still. Is there a page where you can read up what the charges are? I don't recall any notification about it, I sell quite a bit for people but obviously pass on the fees...

Punto know it all
    i could kind of swallow the 10% on the item but 10% on the postage too? thats the real rub. so the bigger the item or the further it has to go the more money ebay get from it.

they can make shedloads just from postage. you sell a load of items with postage higher than the final sale prices and they get more money from the postage than the actual item!

ive heard part of the reason is that people were listing stuff at 99p with ridiculous postage charges like £100 and ebay would only get 10p off that as people tried to avoid the fees if the item was more like £95 and the postage was £5.99p. they ought to be getting £9.50 fee so they would lose out nearly £9.40 as an example. Yes they are annoying but now it seems its spoiled things for everybody.

Exactly, its all the penny pinchers ruining it, eBay have just turned the tables.

I just charge relevant postage anyway, I'll just make sure I top it up by 10% now...

Punto Enthusiast
    I've stopped selling on Ebay for this very reason.

I mean, it's bad enough having to deal with all the illiterate retards that use Ebay, but now you get shafted up the arse for doing so!
    Nah, don't think so; from now on I'll be finding other places/sites/forums to advertise my wares.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Ive given up too, if its not the fees its the dispute system where a buyer can receive, and pretty much destroy or break any item, then open a claim and return it for a refund. My mate got shafted on a VW touch screen Nav unit he sold for £250