Thread: Winter Tyres

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Punto know it all

Winter Tyres

Talk abounds that we could be in for a really bad winter this year with snow being a real issue (the states are having it real bad on the east coast right now and I cant believe the temps of -50 degrees).

I have been thinking how smug I'd feel with a set of winter boots on driving past other 2 wheel drivers slipping to a stand and making 4w drivers wonder how on earth I managed to go where theyve just gone from their high armchairs

Anyone here used them either on other cars or their Punto?

I am fairly convinced that they do exactly what they say on the tin but is it worth it?

Are you getting kitted out with a set? What makes do people go for or should I look to a set of second handers considering the little use they will get? (maybe only this winter)

Cant really be bothered fitting snow chains or snow socks but if youve experience with chains then do tell.

There is one other good thing to come from the initial outlay on winter tyres is that whilst they are being used your summer tyres are not and are therefore getting a breather extending the life of them before they need replacing.
    Last edited by clarkster; 6th January 2014 at 14:37.