Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: 303 bhp punto gt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a GT sale go through without the car going bang in a short time later
    Hate to get on the troll wagon with Hans but he is right, most GTs sold especially these really done up ones do seem to be riddled with faults we rarely hear about on the forum

Whats the fleet looking like at the minute then Beau?

It won't be the head gasket, it's like its struggling with the spark, and only under load in higher gears, I can go Down the road through 1st and 2nd spinning the wheels up no problems

Punto Lover
    Yeah is try afm mate, has same problem before an was a dodgy connection

I just broke Down smoke everywhere and there like water inside the rocker cover and on the dipstick ****er !!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I just broke Down smoke everywhere and there like water inside the rocker cover and on the dipstick ****er !!
    Bugger...

When I was tuning my car it was always going wrong. Mainly because for me it was a project and I was learning from it as I went. Of course trying to use it as a daily driver was probably not a good idea.

I cannot recount the number of times where I've seen on this forum something for sale then the new owner doesn't even get home and its broken. Seller says car is amazing, but if new owner is saying cannot even accelerate in gears because of misfire - sounds fishy.

We're all guilty of this to some extent. I put off replacing the clutch on my old Boxster and just sold it. Be interesting to know what was the 'best built GT' was actually about to go wrong
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

>> Please note: THIS HAS NOT BEEN BODGED TOGETHER BY A COMPANY, IT HAS BEEN BUILT FROM THE BOTTOM UP BY MYSELF PROPERLY.

LOL..
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

To be honest its just a standard head gasket and probably on the cards to go at some point, just a shame it was me

Punto Lover
    Don't mean to butt in but Bradley never had problems with this car and the problems he did have you all knew about in his project. I had it recently sold my punto as honest as possible was fine with me 2weeks later the guy had dropped a valve :/. It must be with puntos that once it's yours u gotta make it yours learning how to drive it your way lol. I don't know but as everyone says this happens a lot. Guess we all gotta learn to drive certain gts in a certain way lol

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Mines fine :-p

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast