Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 303 bhp punto gt

Quote Originally Posted by hobizoli View Post
    IMHO spark advance was tooo agressive and engine was on the detonation limit - this is why this 1.4litre was over 300BHPs, torque comes from spark advance timing

in the yellow PGT we had changed the engine twice in a half year for the same reason, cylinder wall broken same like this
    this is an common open deck block failure, with highly tuned engine
    Should've used X19 block...
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

Quote Originally Posted by scottmc View Post
    Get most of if not all your money back breaking it tbh , such a same it happened tho .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I fail to see how he is going to get all of his £3k back from breaking it, fubared engine, shell needs a respray. Days are gone where you could sell GT seats and interior to a 60SX owner...

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Thanks for your concerns people, I decided that the additional cost of fixing it plus the respray costs it just wasn't worth it

Brad feels bad so ah well, breaking it is for the best i feel
    I bet he feels bad.... He's just ducked the huge loss you've made on it, did you test drive it before buying it?

I'm with Dan on this. No money to be had with breaking. Beau will
    Lose out either way.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I bet he feels bad.... He's just ducked the huge loss you've made on it, did you test drive it before buying it?
    I didn't test drive it or anything, didn't even open the bonnet, just bought it, assumed it would be fine, everyone seemed to swear by it so didn't see any need..... :/

Punto know it all
    how near was you to the £3k asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    how near was you to the £3k asking price?
    Not saying lol, but it wasn't cheap by any means, I paid a lot of money for what i was assuming Wouldn't have any issues

Well you've been ****ed then haven't you. That crack hasn't just appeared inside 3miles.

And we're all led to believe these GT's from Landan are all awesome, overly powerful and dead reliable etc, just a load of fairy tales as time goes by.

To be fair, I how would Bradley know about the crack? He doesn't have x-ray vision.

1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Well you've been ****ed then haven't you. That crack hasn't just appeared inside 3miles.

And we're all led to believe these GT's from Landan are all awesome, overly powerful and dead reliable etc, just a load of fairy tales as time goes by.
    I alluded to it, you said it!

Puntoboy, 2 hoses popped within 3 miles, who's to say they hadnt been replaced in the 3 miles before that. Or maybe I'm just a cynical ****.

From the project threads I've read none of them big power GTs have been reliable! But you'd be foolish to ever expect a tuned car to be reliable, especially when its 15+ years old and got power increases of up to 100% or more. TBF I don't think anyone has mentioned good reliability on the big power rides.

Fukcery anyway, like I said before. The level of fukcery is kinda reduced by the lack of a test drive - but we live and we learn - and Brad's rep round here has no doubt suffered, but then again he's probably outta the Punto game for good now. Still fukcerys tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy View Post
    To be fair, I how would Bradley know about the crack? He doesn't have x-ray vision.

It would have been chugging water like Shamu thats why, getting hot, probably the reason the pipe split. Maybe he didn't know for it was a cracked block for sure but I bet money the symptoms of an engine failure were there.

Beau is a complete idiot for not driving it before hand considering it was sold as a working car and very expensive for a GT, he must have had a lapse because he is seen as a good car trader by all, genuinely sorry for him as its likely cost him a small fortune.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast