Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 303 bhp punto gt

Punto Enthusiast
    Just read this thread and am gutted for Beau ... really **** luck. I am surprised that BradleyBoy has not been on here and posted his side of the story, especially with all these allegations of fukcery.

As Arda said, he doesn't have x-ray vision and so could not have known about a cracked block. Whether he knew about any other latent faults is just conjecture. No-one knows.

Very sad to see another GT being broken.

Brad told me it was 'ready to race', unfortunately I just took his word and just bought it expecting it to be fine, I was expecting issues, but not like this, if I wanted to be doing engine rebuilds id of done it my self.

This looks interesting... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I didn't test drive it or anything, didn't even open the bonnet, just bought it, assumed it would be fine, everyone seemed to swear by it so didn't see any need..... :/
    If you've had driven it a few miles you'd have saved a few grand.
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

I'd have thought that any of the GTs around London who are >250hp are just been being rebuilt (bodged) every week and we just don't hear about it because its not 'cool' to say that they need to be rebuilt?

Did Anil's melt too and it was to do with a certain type of not rich enough mapping? Was this car mapped the same? The description was that this was built by the best, but it really wasn't, just looks like any other home build to me done as hobby.
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

Punto Lover
    Buying a highly tuned car means taking a risk. Without knowing Brad from anything other than on here, I am absolutely sure he had no intention of ripping someone of, or cheating someone when selling his car.

It's just bad luck that it died so fast.

Punto know it all
    oh man that manifold looks proper bodgery and one readon I wouldnt have touched that frshly painted black gearbox up for sale either. I recall his replies to my specific questions about it were rather woolly and a bit vague.

anyway. i guess a drive up to normal temp before handing over cash may have showed up some signs or it might have even failed but its all a bit late to be laying that down now. Thing is on EVERY GT I have ever sold (and so far Ive sold about 7 of them) ive just grabbed my keys and told the prospective buyers that I will take them for a blast because i have nothing to hide and want to convey my confidence in what i am selling to buyer.
    Usually it will last around 15 minutes at least with some mixed driving to show off the car.

I presume Bradley didnt even offer to take Beau for a quick spin then, unless Beau declined and just got the keys and took off? On a 3k tuned car thats rather worrying or it would have sent alarm bells ringing if OI travelled to see it and couldnt at least be take out in it. I would have treated the purchase the same as any other GT i have bought (admittedly with one exception which i knew from the start was a bit of a shitter at £300 and required too much money putting in to sell back on in decent order but fine for breaking).

We dont know what Beau paid for this - yes the asking price was 3k but he may not have lost 3k. Lets hope he got Brad down a good bit to say at least 2.5k so maybe all is not lost in breaking it but yes I can feel Beaus wallet pain......

This is bad form by Brad (and I aint just saying that because of our little tiffs over various parts like eibach roll bars either).......maybe he will come on and explain. He does appeat to have given the forum a wide birth though since Beau posted the issues when usually he is all over the forum like a rash so why has he stopped now??.

If he doesnt then he sure as hell wont come back to sell any of his other Punto GT spares here anymore.....
    Last edited by clarkster; 8th January 2014 at 17:53.

Punto know it all
    So where's the seller to comment?

i dont think brad really knew anything, brad drove the car to me, must of been a 50 miles plus journey, hence if im being told its good, and its just completed a 50 miles journey ok, i saw no reason to drive it any more, and i took that on as it would be ok.

once brad left, i opened the bonnet to check the coolant level/oil level before i drove the car, the coolant header tank was empty, i filled it up, all was well, for half a mile anyway til the hose blew

Punto Lover
    It's an expensive way to learn always to test a car before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoTurboDenmark View Post
    It's an expensive way to learn always to test a car before buying it.
    it probably would of been ok though lol, until i added the extra coolant causing the extra pressure in the system... ? maybe anyway?

when he dropped it off he had it idling for like 5 mins+

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast