Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Road Tuning place

Punto Sports Club Member

Rolling Road Tuning place

My mate has just booked his punto gt into the local rolling road place to have his boost and fuel pressure setup correctly.

The guy that owns the place insists that his fueling is perfect on the standard FPR. I tried telling the tuner that he needs to fit the adjustable FPR but he won't have it.

This has got my friend wandering who to believe. I've tried showing him setup threads on here etc, were everyone running seb4 has an adjustable FPR but he has his doubts now since this tuning place have said it is not needed.

The boost has not been setup but it has only pulled 168bhp so far. So i have posted this thread in the hope people that know there stuff on this forum can basically say what they think so I can show him. Cheers

What spec is it running?

And is it 168 at the wheels or at the Fly?

He can't set it up properly without plugging a wide band lambda sensor into the exhaust. If he did that he should have printed the fuel ratio on the power graph...

Punto Sports Club Member
    Yeah he has a Innovate lambda in the backbox he is claiming that the fuel is perfect but I can't see it without an FSE fitted.

Not sure what it was at to be honest with you the guy just said 168bhp.

The spec as far as I know is

SEB 4
    standard injectors
    T25 turbo
    Manual boost controller
    FMIC
    Evil Elbow
    De-cat
    2.5 inch exhaust
    Air filter
    Coupe fuel pump

Power at the wheels is lower than power at the flywheel, coz of power lost thru the transmission - usually a ~15-20% transmission loss.

Most places tell you power at the fly - and if that's the case here, the power is canny low for the spec!

If the graph is showing a nice 14.7:1 (or very close) fuel ratio thru the power range then he's fine.

BUT, if he didn't set it up on max boost on the rollers, then turning the boost up too much in future could lean the mixture out and potentially cause damage...

Punto Sports Club Member
    Yeah that is what I was thinking if it is at the flywheel then it is really bad, if it is at the wheels then its not bad but not to great. I can't see the guy sorted the mixture out without a FSE fitted though? The guy that made the seb chips will of made them to work with an FSE.

Yeah but hes clearly not running much boost to make 168hp at... Less than a Seb2 setup, which doesn't need an adjustable FPR either.

The Seb4 is only more than Seb2 once you get beyond what Seb2 is.

Punto Sports Club Member
    But when the guy does get round to setting the correct boost it is going to lean out without the FSE? What figure should be expected at the wheels from a seb 4 setup

Here's a couple of old ass threads, and one of them has features one of Hans' banned profiles

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...-to-fit-an-fse

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/....php?50148-fse

So, basically, it looks like its a bit debatable whether or not a rising rate FPR is needed.

General rule i would say is, bigger turbo + high boost = FPR is needed. If only punani levels of boost are set then its not needed.

Correct boost? That should have been determined on the rollers! Unless the operator decided to set the boost for the current fuelling system and left it low-ish...

But you should be looking at around 200bhp at the fly...
    Last edited by KAS; 20th December 2013 at 15:22.

Punto Enthusiast
    Surely the lambda sensor is less effective in the back box as well. Won't that give a false reading as if it were in the down pipe. I may be wrong

Punto Sports Club Member
    so if it is 168bhp at the wheels on the current setup then that would roughly be 190-200 at the fly? So that is a pretty good result. But if it is at the fly then that is terrible! I don't know mate the tuner has the wide band clamped onto the back box which is connected to some sort of small innovate computer looks abit like a fault reader.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast