Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Road Tuning place

Aye, it would be better closer to the turbs, but if you don't have a spare bit to plug it in you gotta work with what you got!

Punto Enthusiast
    Ok mate the guys I use always take my lambda out of my down pipe and put their one in. That's the only reason I ask I've never seen it done in the back box.

Punto Lover
    Lambda in the backbox is quite ok for this purpose.

Punto Enthusiast
    Ok cool thanks.

We haven't got a lot of solid evidence to go on at the moment have we so its a bit of a non-thread till then...

I doubt you can make close to 200hp without the FPR being changed for a rising rate one and come out of the other side with a decent AFR. The probe in the exhaust will be fine as they're often shoved right in and under load its only going to be the exhaust coming out, it won't be affected by good old atmospheric air. Its the same when you have it in the downpipe, as soon as you lift, a vacuum occurs and the AFR readout goes all over because its in being mashed with 21% oxygen.

Sebs always ran a little rich too for safety, there is always that margin to use up too.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS View Post
    Power at the wheels is lower than power at the flywheel, coz of power lost thru the transmission - usually a ~15-20% transmission loss.

Most places tell you power at the fly - and if that's the case here, the power is canny low for the spec!

If the graph is showing a nice 14.7:1 (or very close) fuel ratio thru the power range then he's fine.

BUT, if he didn't set it up on max boost on the rollers, then turning the boost up too much in future could lean the mixture out and potentially cause damage...
    If it ran 14.7 to 1 across the rpm range under full load/boost, the engine wouldn't last 10 minutes

I thought 14.7 was the perfect mixture? Is it better to run richer like? I know nowt - look at my red bars!

So yeah, the ratio needs to be richer than 14.7:1, to prevent knock and decrease engine temps. So a rising rate FPR is required!
    Last edited by KAS; 20th December 2013 at 16:43.

I'd aim for low 11s for the afr on full boost. Little rich but a good safety margin. Lambda in the back box is fine above 2/3000rpm as said.

Punto Sports Club Member
    print out not the best picture will get a better one

The tuner told my mate it is running 1.4 Bar and the bhp shown on the printout is from the flywheel my mates confused because the guy has said to him it's got 200 torque so in reality its 200bhp I have just shown him Lances print out he wants to know why he has almost the same torque but no where near as much BHP? Sorry if this is a dumb question but it has to be asked.

Punto Sports Club Member

Run info
    bottom half of printout

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast