Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Purchased a Turbo on eBay only to find a huge crack!

This is my last comment

Radiator - I offered and gave partial refund immediateley
    Loom - I offered and gave partial refund immediately
    Cam - I was unwilling to give refund as he had offered the cam for sale as mint on here to an other member before then asking me for a refund when he couldn't sell it! I have screen grabs of relevent thread
    Turbo - not going to give a refund after 4 months for something not detrimental to the turbo

Thanks for those who have supported me and puntospares over the last year and for those that have given me there business

there will always be problems when selling used items and I have always tried to sort out any problems, but I will not have the proverbial gun put to my head by Mr mather, coming on a forum he barely uses just to slag me off and complain

And vern not sure what your agenda is? Other then to stir up an argument! Biggest thread this forums Had in years mind?
    Last edited by Puntospares; 11th November 2013 at 06:59.

Punto know it all
    well amen to that.close this offdont let it die slow painful death.....

there are always two sides to a story

Punto know it all
    indeed and i can see where the thread is going ie;in circles which is why i cant be bothered to put the facts up as it wont get me anywhere and i dont wanna add to to hit rob over the head with a big stick routine.its done.its out there.move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Matherj10 View Post
    Set up a clear refunds policy so issues don't happen like this.
    and in response to me not having a clear returns policy

I asked you you to admit if items occasionally were sent out not in the condition you believe/stated they were obviously this is he case but you won't admit that for what ever reason.

No agenda just asking valid questions, you got all defensive so people will draw their own conclusions.

Good luck in your business.

iam defensive because some one who hasnt gotten there way they has come on a forum to attack me and my business!
    so yes Iam defensive and have every right to be!

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntospares View Post
    and in response to me not having a clear returns policy
    Well you must have just changed this because I've just been on my ebay with a recent purchase of an ECU and I get this returns policy.

It says nothing about a 14 day return on this does it Rob?
    As for the turbo, the crack will affect the pressures of the Turbo and therefore you sold an item unfit for purpose according to trading standards which has no time limit on.
    Why must you go on about this Rob you simply have made matters worse for yourself and advertised yourself as a unreasonable penny pinching seller who opts to earn a fast buck with no concerns for others. You stand to do more business in future being honest and reasonable in car clubs.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS View Post
    Bit harsh lads! Lookin at Punto Spares' feedback on ebay (thousand items sold in 12 months) doesn't look like he's out to take the piss.

Mather, you should have checked the part over on delivery n not left it for that long - there's now no way to guarantee the cracks were there on delivery or not. I see "no cracks or play" in every second hand turbo ad. The cracks seem pretty hard to spot from the photos, and if they are in places that don't affect the performance of the turbo there isn't really a problem in my eyes.

If you're buyin a part from a scrappie you can't expect something to 1) work or 2) be as new.

Clarkster, your case is pretty borderline, but same applies really - no way to prove you haven't fitted it, ran it and damaged it or swapped it for a binding one

Antoni, "uncut" would suggest the loom was in one bit and not 2, which it seems like it was, but on only just about! Anyway, have you posted it to me yet or what!

GT Jamie, Leaky rad - man's not gonna pressure test a second hand rad is he!

It may have been better for Puntospares' rep if he had offered a partial discount, refund or exchange to you guys as well but the time taken to report a problem was a bit too long, so i can see where he's coming from...

Gotten a lil outta hand, but tbf don't think he got much business off this site anyway, theres only like 10 active people on here

Moral of the story, "check yo sh1t!" - KFC drive thru? Check yo sh1t! Droppin the kids off? etc etcc baahahaha
    Yes, agreed I should have checked.. I admit that.. As for the turbo if i sold it on here with cracks would you buy it? Seriously If you're confident in your statement there's nothing wrong, would you put good money down buying a cracked turbo? If people would - I'll relist it on ebay but stating exactly what their buying. This is my point I was sold parts that were not correctly described. Further more - could i have used this already? the answer is no, the markings made by puntospares are all on there. If i had used it the marks would have all burnt off.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntospares View Post
    This is my last comment
    my situation is different to Mathers and to try and perhaps bring it down a bit from boiling over......im fairly certain trading standards would say that you have a limited time frame in which to inspec the goods as you cant keep a hold over a seller for ever and a day. what if you sat on the turbo for 18 months? would rob have to refund you then?

the key word is "reasonable". PSC members can decide on whether Mather was on this occasion being reasonable or unreasonable. for what its worth my view is that 120 days is unreasonable.

i had one bad experience with Rob but im not going to let it get to me. i bought other stuff off him that was fine.

yes a few of us have had similar experiences and yes there are two sides to every story but you cant please all the people all the time and mistakes happen.

Taken from Trading standards.......
    "Acceptance" (of the goods) usually takes place after you have had the goods for a reasonable period of time without telling the trader that you are rejecting them or if you have altered or customised the goods in any way. The period during which you can reject the goods is not clearly defined in law and can depend on the type of goods you have purchased and the facts of the case.
    Last edited by clarkster; 11th November 2013 at 10:40.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast