Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New menber from Denmark

the reason i know about stack, is my mekanic have stack engine manege system in he´s workshop, and know stack insideout, and have done alot of mapping ther chips.

He prefer to do mapping on stack systems, but i dont have the price yet.

i am still not sure what to do, seb4 chip, og do the mapping with my mekanic, and have the option to tweak it along the way in future.
    seb chips as i understand it are locked.

Punto Lover
    Go for the system your mechanic kones. It might be a bit harder and more expensive, but you would be better of looking forward.

problem is, i dont plan anything more besides get the car run nicely.

I have no planes about getting it to trackdays, or do 1/8 mile runs.

All iam after is a relaible fun little car, that i can enjoy in the weekends.
    I drive a mercedes sprinter every day, and do about 400km a day in that, so i dont have alot of sparetime.

I alsow have to considder the danish laws about enging tuning etc, and see what i can get away with doring MOT (syn)

In my newbie dreamworld, i would like to have 2 chips installed in the car, and swich between them.
    1 for standard driving, low boost, no problems with MOT (about 165hk)
    2 for fun, flip the switch and i have 200+hk

But how to get there i have no clue as of now, or even if its duable. and most importently, can it be done for the price i am prepered to pay for it?

The logic most be a kompromice between the 2, but i dont know yet.

I just know, if i spend 20k dkk on the car, and it fails MOT, my Girlfrend is killing me

Punto know it all
    Get the car standard and running, then fit a seb0 chip.

Unless the mot rip your ecu apart, they will never know the chip I there.

i dont have standard turbo, thats why it needs mapping.

i am sure they will not takeout the ecu boks, but if the noise and co2 is not ok, and they belive it have more then 20% power increase, its up to me and document it dont have......

luckely there are not many punto gts around anymore, and not in DK, that is my advantice i think.

i cant get a seb0 chip anymore, only copys from ebay, and a copy is not an option for me, the only real chip i can get is a seb4, but it cost is too high vs custom mapping.

With my custom map, ill get close to standard and hopefully with the coost controler i just adss more power when i want, and the chip and ecu take care of the rest, thats is basicly want i want.

Punto Lover
    If you want nice and smooth power, buy an Garrett T25 Journalbearing, 2,5" Dr. Evil Turbback (the best you can buy for money), cheap E*ay FMIC with a bit larger pipes. good fuelpump, 304cc c20let injectors, good clutch. Then remap. 200HP you reach with this setup easy! Costs without remap, i would say a bit under 2000€. Then you have an really fast GT which will work fine as daily car!

i have a brand new gt2554r turbo on the car, front maunted intercooler and bigger exurst.
    i think i can get the 200hp with the mapping and i dont think ill need new fulpump and injekters for this. i was told with the basic setup i have, and with seb4 chip, it can run 190hp with aprox 1 bar on turbo.

only problem i have is the actuator, is set for 0,6 bar wich i belive needs to be change.....

Punto know it all

New menber from Denmark

You will be needing a different fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator, if you don't use them, you will go lean and do piston damage.

You won't need new injectors for ~200bhp.

A boost controller will sort out the 0.6bar as you won't be running actuator pressure.

Secondhand seb chips can be bought cheap through here.

What obvious modifications can you get away with?

An evil down pipe is a bit of an obvious one, as is a decat.
    Last edited by sicskate; 8th November 2013 at 19:26.

i am aware of the fact i need fuel presure regulator, boost controller together with the wideband lambda gauge from stack, or vems.

ill try with standard fuel pump for a start, if it shows its not enurgh, i will get a upgrade, hopefully i wont be needing it to start with, but i might do it later together with a plastic fueltank or something.

to the MOT, iam not sure what i can get away with. I belive i can get away with alot, as long the emmesion (co2) and other polution they check for, and the noise.

Danish laws are strange, if i can get dokumentation from fiat, saying its safe, and quite ok the punto gt kan have 300 hp, and still meet the safty regulation, brakes etc, then i can tun the car to 300 hp and get MOT. But think we all know fiat will not make such documentation, so another option is going to germany, and get TUV aproved, wich i canot afford

But in MOT in Denmark, if you get a turbo on non turbo car, by the book, you increased it more then 20% and have to do tax calculation again.
    Luckly the punto gt is born with a turbo, and its a bit hard to see, so my guess is, the fools in the MOT garage wont check 100%, if the the car is not to noisy, or let out too much co2, they will not know if its standard turbo or upgrade.....

About the actuator. if i understand you correct, i dont need the actuator on the turbo, and just use the boost controller?

Punto Lover
    Hi mate,

please think at first on the fuelpump! Its the most important part for an proper build! If it shows not enough, its to late!

With all the parts you have, my advice > Fuelpump, Injectors, VEMS and live mapping! Then all is fine

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast