Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chalkboard paint!

Punto Enthusiast

Chalkboard paint!

Right before you all try to crucify me for ruining a beautiful punto, it's not. It's not got a decent panel on it, and it's not pretty, it needs a new paint job, because at the moment it looks disgusting old and tired. But to fix every dent on the 19 year old body would take years, and cost in the region of 6.3 trillion pounds. (Give or take £50)
    So I've decided blackboard paint is literally impossible to paint badly, even a blind man with no arms could do an even coat, so I'm going to go down to B&Q it all and get myself a litre or six and see what happens.
    Oh and don't worry, mechanically the car gets looked after, and is being prepped for a GT conversion soon, so it's just going to be rotten on the outside.
    Just thought I'd see how it goes down with all the Puntosports as there's a few detailing freaks on here who might take it as a personal affront!

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

Punto Enthusiast

This was the last straw, my own addition and my first accident in a vehicle, I clipped the mother's horsebox the other day as I passed it which kind of turned the tables on the body from just being a few dinks and scratches to being just a rotter.
    It does look worse that it is there, the panel was superficially scraped, those long ones will buff out. It just needs popping back and it'll be right as reign.

Personally I would have a scratched up Punto than what your planning but yeah each to their own

Chalkboard paint?

Like paint you apply with a roller?

So you'll end up with a textured Punto that you can draw stuff on?

DO IT

But if you ever did decide to repaint "properly" i imagine there'll be a whole load more prep work involved to get rid of the chalkboard paint.

To be honest, high chances of it looking gash. Just give it a t cut and polish... be reet!

Punto Enthusiast
    Yeah I suppose, it seems a bit stupid to be honest, but really the car will never look pretty, which is annoying, but I think this will give it a bit of a talking point at least.

Punto Enthusiast
    The car has scratches and dents from previous owners that I don't even understand, I'm pretty sure the bonnet was used as a scratching post by a large dog for a while.

And because it's a povspec 55 it doesn't have colour coded bumpers so it just generally looks gash as it is. If it goes Matt black at least it looks gash on purpose! Then I look less incompetent ;D

Need to roll my rear arch first as my new dent has pushed the lip down and now I rub on right turns... And there are a lot of right turns.

PS I just popped to bodge-it-all and it's 37 of our great British pounds to get 2.5 litres. Not an expert but I think I'll need more like 4.. eBay will save me.

Punto know it all
    Why are converting it to a gt if it's such a dog?

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Chalkboard will look really bad lol

Youd at least be better with hammerite hammered or simething.

Punto Enthusiast
    Like I say, it's a dog visually. Mechanically it's all good.
    And why not do the gt conversion? Would you rather, a 1.1 or a 1.4t? No reason not to..
    Haha to be honest I know it will look bad, that isn't news to me! But this way my nieces can draw flowers on the side and my mates will undoubtedly draw c**ks on it and it will just be a laugh, instead of being messy!

Punto know it all
    What I meant was, why not just use the gt, as opposed to scrapping the gt and converting the 1.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast