Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chalkboard paint!

Punto Enthusiast
    Firstly.. It's broom yellow. Which is enough of a reason for me
    Secondly I've looked after my car mechanically and it's nicer than the gt.
    And because having a project is fun. I like having something to do on my car, so engine swap is just good fun!
    And also the gt is rusty, and had a worse accident than mine and was then patched and painted.. Quite badly. Overspray like it's going out of fashion etc..

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

Punto Enthusiast
    My mate did this to a polo looked alright till he went through a bush and scraped it all off! Iv an idea? Get some wallpaper stick it on ( covers the scratches nicely ) good few layers of laquer to keep it from fallin off. Not seen a wall paperd one b4 lol u seen dumb and dumber? Carpet it

Punto know it all
    i believe these paints are a bark to clean but who knows. ive always railed against wraps and matt paints on cars. why someone with an E63 or M3 feels they have to wrap their car in matt or satin or chalkboard whatever you want to call it is beyond me (clearly more money than sense).

with an old Punto yeah maybe if it helps make the car look better and covers scratches etc. how does it compare prisewise to a blow over respray tho?

Punto know it all
    What's going to be left mechanically when you swap to a gt though?

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaL View Post
    What's going to be left mechanically when you swap to a gt though?
    Not much, admittedly. But there's a few things I've done while I was putting the current engine in I.e. New front wishbones full copper lines and new flexis, rebuilt brake system completely (discs on rear now though, again rebuilt) and all the suspension. Also zero rust on her, and I've dug a fair bit! So it's in pretty good nick except a leaky, rattling old 1108

Also the cost of this is going to be about £30 so it doesn't even compare to a "blow over" which wouldn't be adequate at all to get her looking shiny again!
    Also the gt had a few other issues like, buckled door and neither front windows worked (fell off runners, motors are fine)

To be honest the gt was a perfect donor, it's not a shame to brake at all, no one would miss it, yes I'd love a nice freshly painted shell to put it into, but it's a lot more money than I'm willing to put into her, a lot of people have seen the light and moved on to bigger and better cars, which is something I'd like to do without having sunk 4k into a 20 year old punto! So this will be a cheap laugh for a while, and then it can be someone else's donor if they so desire!

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Id sink another 4k into my punto in a heartbeat if i had it.

Punto know it all

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawbster View Post
    Id sink another 4k into my punto in a heartbeat if i had it.
    I'd love to be in a position where I could, but as it stands I'm not.. Ideally I want something RWD sooner rather than later. But that's the triumph project which is but a pipe dream at the minute!

And as for plastidip, it still relies on the car having dent free panels, the dents are easy to see still, so it would be a matte colour but still dented
    Also it's about £200, which when added onto everything else, it's just not worth spending that on this shell which will probably get scrapped in a couple years, tops!
    In related news, disc rear beam finished up today, din't get my front ARB on, but even with just the rear, I have to say it does feel a lot tighter in the rear much more willing to corner, wish I could've got the front on today but silly little issues came up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12