Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Broom yellow GT2

Punto Enthusiast
    i have a sunroof for sale £30 good condition its a shame because i live just a few miles away from mike
    (the guy u bought the car off) if id known you needed one when you bought the car,,,, i could have dropped it off at his
    its my engine you have in this gt!

Punto Lover
    I didnt know it wasnt working until I got home and had a play about with everything. Its ok, think iv got one now anyway.

Punto Lover
    Had a lot of trouble with this over the last few days, total nightmare.

So started off by getting it ready to go to the garage where I work to do a few bits and bobs. Set off down the street and started to missfire and pop worse than it ever has before. So I turned round and went back home. Had a look around and nipped a few jubilee clips up amd it seemed to be better.

So I set off again amd get to about the se place, cuts out then comes alive again. Like a battery terminal had came off but it hadn't. So I towed it home and had a look around. Changed the battery and next thing the loom starts smoking!

Took the battery off straight away before it set a light! A relay next the starter module was buzzing and ticking so I assume between the relay and battery it caused these problems.

Took It home and swapped the loom, relays and purchased a new battery this morning. Fired up straight away no problem after this. So now just to see how long it last and what problem ots gonna be next. Been nothing but trouble.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234