Thread: Completely Standard Punto GT. 73,000 miles. Great Condition.

Punto know it all

Completely Standard Punto GT. 73,000 miles. Great Condition.

March 1996 Punto GT - Colour Rosso Bright (Code 132)

Completely standard.

Original Phillips radio with all manuals / codes.

Full owners handbook/documentation and comprehensive stamped Fiat service history from new.

Red Key in original envelope (never used), 2 original blue keys both with remote (working). Alarm is fully operational. All codes present for radio, Remote locking etc...

Engine bay is completely standard and very clean.

Will come with 12 months MOT (no advisories) and have just put 6 months tax on.

Memorable work within the past 12 months :

New Lucas Alternator
    New Valeo Starter Motor
    New Genuine Fiat Radiator & new Gates Thermostat
    New Timing, Tensioner & Aux Belt
    New Battery
    New Clutch Slave Cylinder + Fresh Tutela Top 4 Brake Fluid
    Oil Service Every 3K (receipts to prove)
    Replacement standard OE Fiat Cat Back exhaust.
    New Rear Suspension Arm
    2 new Sachs Front Shocks, inner / outer tie rods and ARB bushes.
    Fresh filters - air / fuel etc..., correct Bosch spark plugs.
    New Genuine Fiat Front Discs and Pads
    Replacement Bosch AFM

Driving : I originally purcahsed this car for an economical but swift vehicle for my daily commute of 20 miles, which easily achieved 35mpg on a run. Unfortunately next month I am relocating to another office and will be forced on to public transport - booooo! So apart from sitting in our garage feeling lonely I would rather she was being enjoyed out on the roads and for others to enjoy turning heads. This car has had 3 owners since new, the previous one being my wife. Prior to this the car was owned by two mature gentleman. So the car has never been abused and the service history shows full eivdence of this; it is always warmed up and cooled down as necessary with no suspect gasses from the rear end of any kind. The car starts first turn, every turn of the key, idles smoothly and drives superbly - quiet and powerful as Fiat intended with no hesitations, missing or slow pick up. It would be a very arduous task for anyone to find an example these days which drives as nicely - she is a real credit. Naturally there are no warning lights on the dashboard at any time during a drive, and they all illuminate on ignition as they should. The radiator was replaced last year with a genuine Fiat item, along with fresh coolant and thermostat. The car warms up quickly and sits dead centre on a run as it should, the cooling fan kicks in when it should with no issues. In the last two hundred miles the car has been fitted with fresh Yokohama S Drive front tyres of the original 185/55/14 V variety and with the recent work on the suspension handles as Fiat intended, with a crisp turn in and NO annoying knocks, squeaks or rattles. Engine oil pressure is above 3 bar on cold idle and between 2.2 and 2.5 Bar on a warm idle.

Exterior : Probably the area of the vehicle which needs some work as it isn't pristine and I haven't got round to sorting the odds and ends, that to say it is very presentable for a 17 year old. The alloys are all in decent condition, with only minimal kerbing and clean up beautifully all with the original locking wheels nuts and keys. There are a few car parking dents around the car the most noticable ones being on the passenger front wing and passenger side door but still well below average for year. The drivers side is straight although the drivers side wing mirror is not original and looks to have been sprayed by the previous owner however I have sourced a new, original Fiat electric wing mirror in its box that will go with the car. The worst damage is on the drivers rear side corner where the rear bumper is grazed with a medium sized dent below the rear light I will attach a picture when this snow clears up and I get a chance to get her out the garage. I also have a new genuine rear bumper in wrapping that will go with the car. I wanted to finish making this car concourse but sadly this will be one of the only jobs for someone else to tackle! The nearside arch is bubbling through the paintwork so will need treating soon, the offside one is still great. The exterior is regularly clayed, polished and waxed and of course will be fully detailed for collection - all the paintwork is original and has a lovely shine when clean. All the number plates are original Fiat dealer ones from new, so the front one is a little grotty as one would expect for 17 years old but was trying to keep car as original as possible, the supplying dealer sticker is also in the rear window. One of the foglights has a crack but again I have a replacement, this I will try and fit before collection.

Interior : is fantastic and demonstrates its mileage and condition. The plastic sills on entry are almost unmarked as are the interior door pulls which are often subject to scratching and pitting. The car has the original Fiat line accesory sill entry guards with the 'Punto' script on them. It is no understatement to say when at the helm it is like turning the clock back 17 years, a fantastic feeling. The seats are full black leather (a rare £1000 option new from the factory) with rear headrests and the 'Punto' embossed on the front headrests. The bolsters are in excellent order with no significant wear and the seats are cleaned / treated regularly to maintain their new factory look. Unusually for these cars the leather steering wheel and gear knob is unworn and the gear numbers are still clearly visible on the gear knob. The car has never been smoked in (the cigarette lighter has never been used) so no lingering smells and the carpet overmats are genuine Fiat items which were new last year. So look great and fit perfectly. Everything on the car works at it should, windows, mirrors, radio, electric sunroof etc.....Along with the fantastic mechanicals this is a fantastic aspect of this particular car. The car was obviously fully specced on the options list and has rare features such as a passenger airbag, lockable glovebox etc.....

Rust : We all know these cars are getting older so suffer with rust problems, leaving hefty bills. The underside of this car is totally original, has never been welded and is in very clean condition. There are no holes in the sills and any rust is superficial surface rust. The fuel tank is the metal original and looked in good condition so as a precaution I have treated the metal filler with an anti rust primer and underseal to stop any future problems. I have made no further effort to clean the underside too much but it is very solid and structurally sound. In both mine and the previous owners time with the car, the car has been garaged and I ensured on the MOT test necessary areas were thoroughly checked (no problems or advisories).

All in all this has to be one of the last remaining fully standard, well maintained examples in the Country, which has been maintained as it should and drives and feels great. The car is ready to go with the insurance in place. Don't spend £700 on a duffer that needs £2000 spent to make it reliable, spend a little more once - this is the real deal.

By all means I will accept test drives but please bring a valid insurance certificate. Otherwise I am happy to demonstrate any apsect of the car to you.

Unfortunately being away most of this week I can't accomodate viewings until next week. Although I will get some better pictures up too especially of the dent/scrape to the rear corner.

£1400 - need car gone really so will accept sensible offers.

Thanks for looking. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to pm me or call me to discuss on.
    Last edited by sicskate; 27th March 2013 at 10:50.

Punto Sports Club Member Damosan's Avatar
    Such a lovely example! Hope this goes to a good home.

Punto Lover
    That car is so tidy! to the new buyer this needs to be left standard!! Glwts

Would genuinely love this to keep as is if I had the spare cash, gotta take ball'n'chain on hols this year though...

Really nice mate, good luck with sale

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    As above hope goes to a good home that leaves as is. Good price too.

Good luck

Punto know it all
    Thanks for the comments.

Only had a couple of people seriously interested on here so will be on ebay next week at this rate!

Punto Lover
    Great write up!!! This is an example of how car adverts should be.

I really hope this finds a good home.

Punto know it all
    Mods can you please close / remove this thread now please as getting a lot of nuisance calls / emails and the car has sold.