Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tablet time

Punto know it all
    is this more appropriate?

http://9gag.com/gag/5355849

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Maybe people expect too much from their tablet?
    how so? the technology market is ever-evolving, the tech available in an ipad mini has been available for atleast a year the customer should expect nothing but the best for the price of an apple product. not a smaller, lighter ipad 2.

Quote Originally Posted by rixf666 View Post
    is this more appropriate?

http://9gag.com/gag/5355849
    now THAT is hilarious.

on a similar note, my friend has had a macbook air for a year now and when he came round mine and saw my tv as a screen for my laptop he asked how he could do it himself.
    turns out macbook airs dont even have hdmi out... something as simple as that, but they don't feel the need? just seems like apple dont want to cater to anyones needs unless the customer wants to invest in more apple products. (even my phone has an HDMI out).

Apple have always been like that. Dictating what the customer does and doesn't want. My retina MBP doesn't have a CD drive or network port. I've had to buy external ones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Enthusiast
    true, admittedly a CD drive now-a-days on smaller laptops is probably not necessary. I have a high end 11" laptop, which has no CD drive, but it comes with almost everything else you could imagine is necessary. with tech i find its important to find something that has high specs, because no matter what, it will be obsolete in six months, so to compete it needs to be powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAria View Post
    true, admittedly a CD drive now-a-days on smaller laptops is probably not necessary. I have a high end 11" laptop, which has no CD drive, but it comes with almost everything else you could imagine is necessary. with tech i find its important to find something that has high specs, because no matter what, it will be obsolete in six months, so to compete it needs to be powerful.
    You're laptop will be obsolete in 6months.

Had a go on a Nexus7 yesturday, the touch doesn't work nearly as well as an iPad unfrotunately. It might be more powerful and do loads more things but I personally don't have a need for all of those gimics, I don't need to output to my TV.

Fandroids just get carried away slamming Apple all of the time.

Punto Enthusiast
    my laptop already is obsolete, i've had it a year.

but compared to it's competitor, the mac air, it is in an entirely new league, for the price of a low end mac air, i have gaming graphics, memory and processor to go with it. atleast it can compete for a little bit longer because it was well built in the first place.

I'm not slating apple products; i agree, the feel of the ipad/mini is far nicer to hold, the mini is a fantastic device to just have in your hands, pefect weight, size, and has smart features, but it's got the internals of a a two year old ipad 2. i'm just saying apple don't feel the need to compete in terms of power, because they make ergonomic devices, just seems silly.

Doesn't seem silly when you look at Apple's share price, the company works for the shareholders and they're strategy has turned Apple into the worlds most profitable company or some other daft superlative, im sure the shareholders like that... Apple is going to have a dedicated consumer base for years to come and cater accordingly.

All those that leave Apple for Android or Windows etc and type up a big paragraph on a forum about how they've seen the light etc will just do the same to their new product next time around, hardly the type of consumer Apple makes its money from, or Google for that matter, LG, Samsung etc or whatever.

That's always been the case though. But you're not just paying for the hardware, you're paying for the complete package. Except for the display, my Macbook is no different to many other laptops that are £5-600 cheaper in reality, but I personally feel my MBP is var superior to my work Lenovo X230 that cost £1200.

Punto Enthusiast
    i'm agreeing with you, their products basically feel better, mostly they feel quality and well suited to their software etc, very good machines. but in the specific case of the mini the specs are too poor for me to forgive that fact, not so much that i would consider a different tablet, but enough that i will save my money and buy the retina version when it arrives, (possibly next month).

and in the case of the shareholders, yes apple is a fantastic company to have money invested in they sell something like 40% of the market in smart phones but make 80% of the profit, just shows how much more expensive they are ha. but it wont stop me getting an iphone when my contract is up..

I love my gf's Mini I bought her (except for the pink cover!). Yes the resolution isn't as high has my iPad 4 but still good enough for it's size. She hates Apple stuff normally and is an avid Android fan, but even the iPad Mini was enough to tempt her away. Horses for courses I guess.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast