Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opinions please

Punto Lover
    I think the morretts and spots look good

Punto know it all
    Oh god my eyes!!! Think I've gone blind!!

U havent gone blind lol please everyone remember these r only track wheels! Before uz all start saying it looks **** and that iv ruined it! plus at least im trying to be a little different!!!!

Punto Lover
    such a shame, the superleggeras are a lightweight wheel and they look awesome on that punto, i fitted them with 195/40/16 tyres so they would be light still, now your going to ruin them by fitting big heavy spacers and painting them green

car looks gash and its such a shame that you own it

Excuse me mate but thats ur opinion and u can ram it up yourself. Im not here to listen to outrite abuse. I only asked what people would think. I still own the OZs and will be fitting them back on again, i just wanted to try something a little different. The only thing iv done to this car apart from buy these wheels and paint them green is put some REMOVABLE film on the lights to see what it would look like? so to be honest ur talking absolute rubbish! also iv repaired quite a lot of the car since i bought it, repaired VERY SHODDY WIRING of the morettes, fitted a new coolant pipe to the turbo since it was leaking, corrected boost pressure and routing of vacuum hoses etc, and am planning a complete engine overhaul as we speak so that its a clean running GT. so if ur going to be nothing but disrespectful then quite frankly you can **** off!!!!! because you know nothing about me or how i take car of the car. Also it gets washed and polished more than 3 times a week! So dont tell me i dont look after it! I only bought this after completely restoring a 1998 integra type R to better than showroom condition with multiple engine upgrades which improved the performance and looks dramatically. So going from jap tuning to euro look is a bit of a culture shock for me as im used to outrageous camber and colours etc etc! Sorry if this seems harsh but i asked for opinions not abuse

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Any more posts using text speak will be deleted. Please do not continue to use it.

As for the car in question the green wheels really do look out of place in my opinion.

If you were to use a colour such as black or anthracite it would improve the look alot.

In contrast a spattering of yellow against black slways goes well also however there is a limit on how much can be done before it becomes overpowering.

I agree mawbster and apologise for previous text speak as i was rather irritated and annoyed at the time hence the quick reply.

I value your opinion much more as it is constructive rather than abusive. I agree that yellow probably would be better. This is a work in progress and mitiakes will be made, whether they be styling or performance related. Trial and error is always the way to success. As said previously these wheels are purely for track use to keep me different from most little hot hatches on track. Plus i happened to have this colour lying around so thought i would try a few things see how they turned out.

I also considered a very thin pinstripe similar to the GT1 sidestrips but in the same greeb along the door and resr quarter trims. Just to take the attention away from only the wheels a little. I think they may look out of place as they are quite bold in comparison to the rest of the car, and the eye quickly catches nothing but them! Il try the pinstripe and if this colour scheme continues to dissappoint then i will take a different approach. Thoughts??

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Do the pinstripe in yellow. And do the wheels yellow in the back with an anthracite or black face. It will look much better.

I personally don't think any pin strike will rectify the horrid wheels haha

I think like you say, your trying to add a touch of jap style to it is lairy colours ect

Aslong as your happy eh.

Well thats it exactly vern. I think im stuck in jap mode. Not used to all this smoothing and subtleness lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234