Thread: mix CD burning

Withnail

mix CD burning

Its been ages since I gave up trying to get rid of the gap between tracks on copied cds but as a mate has asked a favour, I just wondered what the difinitive answers to the following questions are:

1. I have a genuwine mix cd and I want to copy it. However, once copied, I dont want gaps between the tracks - should 'disc-at-once' do it?

2. I have a mix cd in MP3 format and want to burn it without gaps. Is is the same answer as above?

Punto know it all
    hi m8 if he wants a constant loop he needs something like cool edit or actually nero 6.
    You can then change the pause gap in seconds to as little or as long as you want or over lap.My brother uses it when he does a hour set then we break it down with natural pauses so we can burn them then sell em.

As for Disk at once thats a "on the Fly" copy technique .Fast but not stable can loose info and record bad data.Better to use the normal butrn method.

Stopping the splits in a mp3 i dont know about as its directories you would have to change .There will always be a gap as the drive is loading 1 directory(with about 10-20 songs in each directory) then another where as a 10 cd track is loading1 track to the next.

Hope that helps

Antony

FLiPNFiLL
    Depending on the program you are using to burn the cd, they often have the option of 'zero pause between tracks'.

Which means its an almost instant change from the end of one track to the beginning of another.

If the cd is a mix cd and you copy it 'exact' it should well have no gaps.

Withnail
    Thanks chaps, I'll have a go tonight.

The MP3 thing can be annoying, although I'm not referring to linking dirs. Just one cd containing, say, 18 mp3s on the root of the cd, burnt as an audio cd. I presume the same 'zero pause between tracks' method applies. I'll have to experiment, I think. The only other option is to of course join all the MP3s together as one long mp3 file, but that is most certainly the ghey option.

I just remember spending ages (and throwing numerous discs at the wall) years ago trying to make a perfect mix cd.

FLiPNFiLL
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    Thanks chaps, I'll have a go tonight.

The MP3 thing can be annoying, although I'm not referring to linking dirs. Just one cd containing, say, 18 mp3s on the root of the cd, burnt as an audio cd. I presume the same 'zero pause between tracks' method applies. I'll have to experiment, I think. The only other option is to of course join all the MP3s together as one long mp3 file, but that is most certainly the ghey option.

I just remember spending ages (and throwing numerous discs at the wall) years ago trying to make a perfect mix cd.

With MP3's its definately down to the program, some are more 'tuned up' for burning mp3's and have a lot more options, so zero pause would certainly be on that program.

Withnail
    yeah YEAH I'm liking that, brotha.

I've got a shizzle version of Nero at home so I'll have a bash tonight.

And then have a go at doing the cds...