Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's the going rate

I am on no rush lads got to finish off the bar in the outhouse first and then I will have cash

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Anything from £0 - £2000 depending on condition
    Presumably for £0 you get a carry bag full of rust and a wheel bolt

It might be a good time of the year to buy if you can currently find one. Maybe sellers know this and are just waiting till Spring when they think they might get a better sale price???

Gumtree isnt a bad place to look but can be hit amd miss Ive seen some decent looking ones on there going cheap sub-£1000 then at other times the sellers seem to want silly prices like £1600-1800 odd for average or below average cars.
    Many of the Gumtree cars seem to pass the PuntoSports radar though so the history of those might be less known than if you bought a car from somebody on here - but youll probably have to pay a bit more for that peace of mind.

If I had £1500 to spend now on a standard GT I would want one with long MOT and tax, no running issues, good recent history, maybe some minor glitches like electric window doesnt drop or something silly isnt a problem, basically something I can drive for at least a year requiring no real work other than the usual oil change type maintenance.
    Last edited by clarkster; 7th January 2013 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    Presumably for £0 you get a carry bag full of rust and a wheel bolt

It might be a good time of the year to buy if you can currently find one. Maybe sellers know this and are just waiting till Spring when they think they might get a better sale price???

Gumtree isnt a bad place to look but can be hit amd miss Ive seen some decent looking ones on there going cheap sub-£1000 then at other times the sellers seem to want silly prices like £1600-1800 odd for average or below average cars.
    Many of the Gumtree cars seem to pass the PuntoSports radar though so the history of those might be less known than if you bought a car from somebody on here - but youll probably have to pay a bit more for that peace of mind.

If I had £1500 to spend now on a standard GT I would want one with long MOT and tax, no running issues, good recent history, maybe some minor glitches like electric window doesnt drop or something silly isnt a problem, basically something I can drive for at least a year requiring no real work other than the usual oil change type maintenance.
    Thanks for the info. I must say it is really quiet on here these days. Not a lot of users online a good few years back it was really busy on puntosport.

Punto know it all
    Save your money and time and buy shauns yellow one, 1.6 stroker kit nitrous pretty mint and fast as fook 13.1 at pod last year u believe!!! Pay up and view his for sale ad

Yeah I bet he want big money for it plus I enjoy the fixing and repairing side

Punto know it all
    He's after 3k ono but if he values his private plate at 800 offer him 2k with no plate!!! Bargain

Lol no thanks looking for something a lot cheap that I can piss around with

Punto know it all
    Less than £500 - Potential Rust Issues / Mechanical Woes
    £500-£1000 - Reasonably Solid Car With basic modifications and a few niggly issues.
    £1000-£1500 - Strong mechanical car, with good underside + exterior paintwork (with the odd dent / blemish).
    £1500-£2000 - Concourse condition standard car
    £2000 + - Very special engine / mechanical specification i.e. fully working 2000 16VT conversion, stroker engine etc etc...with associated bits.

That is not a bible, just a rough guide.

I take it this is your old one?

It's on eBay now, she really as looked mint before

Meant to say shame really as it looked mint before! Poor punto

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast