Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello

Any mods or did you find a rare standard one?

Mine was standard when I bought it, its not anymore!!!

I bought it as a project needed work,i am putting the look back to standard as it had silly mirrors and headlights. It's got faults with the engine it hunts on tick over tried a new Maf and that didn't work also the power steering makes noise when hot and pushes the fluid out the tank put a new pump on and it still does it can't work out why,wondered if anyone else had had this problems with the gt and what it is? What mods has yours got bud?

Try cleaning Idle control valve for the hunting, you can buy intake cleaner from anywhere really, give it a good squirt and scrape it a little with a screw driver or something to get the **** out. Don't really know much about the power steering problem, never had mine go on me, would need to look at it, I can be all day telling you things it could be.

I have a K and N air filter, Forge dump valve, Bleed valve (Not fitted coz I don't trust the standard boost gauge for setting the pressure and haven't found a decent boost gauge yet) Soon to be decatted coz my pipe came through the other day, but haven't been at work since before christmas. FMIC which needs fitting but I haven't been arsed to measure up the pipes I need yet, Magnecor HT leads but its eaten them up so im going back to standard ht leads, thats about it.

I've cleaned it still does it, and bypassed it and the car still hunts so it's defo not that as for the steering it's strange I've worked on cars for years it's not a basic fault that's why I ask on here in the hope people had had the same strange probs and fixed them. I did see an old thread where someone had the hunting problem and they changed everything and it still done it but it never said if they did finally find out what it was.

it hasn't got high lift cams has it? that might cause it to hunt

I did think that, I don't no if it has or not I took the cam belt cover off and there is a blue pully on there so it might well have. I bought the car off an old boy who took it on a trade in so he knew nothing. It's not chipped as I pulled the ecu out and it's still sealed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12