Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '98 Sporting in Burnt Orange

Punto Enthusiast

'98 Sporting in Burnt Orange

LAST CHANCE, OTHERWISE IT'S GETTING SCRAPPED! Any offer over £450 accepted, but comes with no tax or test, and no CD player, and must be collected and cash paid within a week.

Ok, this is more of a case of testing the waters, but.........

1998 Fiat Punto Sporting, in Burnt Orange for sale. It's done 101,924 miles, tax end of Sept, so will probably get a six month ticket, MOT expires OCT.

Bodywork is in fairly good nick, with only a couple of 'car park' dings, and likewise with the paintwork, where the bonnet has the worst of the stone chips. The rear bumper is cracked and scuffed. The crack 'appeared' on the car in a hospital car park, when somebody bumped it and left. I have paid for a bumper from Clarkster, but this still needs to be collected and touched up, and then, obviously, fitting.
    There are black 'halo' lights at the front, and smoked/tinted side repeaters and tail lights.

It will need suspension, springs, brake discs and brake pads replacing on the front, all of which will be supplied with the car.

Rear has just had new springs, brake drums and shoes.

Gearbox can be a little reticent going into 1st, but this is very infrequent, and works perfectly 99% of the time.
    Unsure about alternator, as battery may just have dropped voltage due to not being used for a couple of weeks. I'm going to get it started with my booster pack, and see how it fares.

I have an interested party in the leather seats, etc, so it will probably be back to standard(ish) on the interior.
    It will still have the GT leather steering wheel, and the Sony bluetooth head unit.
    The dials will be back to standard, as I am removing the plasma 'overlays', and selling them separately.

With the spares, listed above, and six month ticket, I'm looking for £650 ono.

I am more than open to offers, swaps, etc. The worst I can say is, a polite, no.

Last edited by visfix; 29th October 2012 at 14:02.

Punto Sports Club Member Damosan's Avatar
    Such a nice colour, good luck with sale

Punto Enthusiast
    MOT expires 20th Oct, and I will not be retesting it. Battery is flat, so currently will not start.

Car is now for sale complete with the leather seats, plasma dials etc, what you see is what you get.

Pics of the interior:

Punto Lover
    Worth 650 all day

Punto Enthusiast
    Bump.

Sensible offers considered.

Punto know it all
    agreed 650 is a bargain tbh

Punto Enthusiast
    I wish someone with cash would agree with you, tbh, as I've had zero interest.
    Give it a couple of weeks, see if anybody is interested, otherwise it's gonna be scrapped.

Punto Lover
    If I had the money I would have snapped this off ya hands to use as a run about.

Punto Enthusiast
    OK, quick update;

I've sorted the starter motor and charged the battery, so the car starts and runs.
    MOT expires tomorrow, so if there is no interest, I will replace the shocks and brakes, and get a 12 month ticket on it. I will decide from there whether to sell it or use it as a part-ex.

Punto Enthusiast
    Bump.

Didn't get it MOt'd so now has no MOT, but is still taxed. Need this gone now, as I have put a deposit on another car, and need the space.

Will accept sensible offers to shift this, but, please bear in mind, the leather interior alone is worth about £200.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast