Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Megane F1 R26

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    what you hoping for with the squirters Cal, whats the torque like on it? Got a graph pre squirters?

Brummy bummer
    Nice! Can't wait for the full results. Make sure to get graphs up,

Punto know it all
    Honestly dont know what to expect. Was only expecting 240 or so pre work!

Torque was around the same. On full boost by 2.2k too!

Punto know it all
    Right so ended up having an absolute chew on yesterday.

Firstly, that original power figure that was ran was off. We all thought it was off, but nothing was wrong with the run - 2 operators saw it and said it was right, and the graph was compared to other R26 runs and everything lined up, just higher. Anyway I wasn't too fussed by that was I knew it wasn't that fast.

By the time I wondered into the dyno cell they were struggling to get past 265bhp. It just wouldn't generate the boost. Idea ... remove the standard air filter. Instantly the boost and power figures were flying up. But now the boost was creeping too high and the engine was cutting off so runs kept getting terminated (which was a shame because they were going on to be good power). After hours of playing with maps they still couldn't get the boost back down. All hoses were checked and the actuator was tested.

Just as they were calling it a day a final ideal popped into his head about one more parameter to chance, and it worked! So a run was ran with the air filter in place, but this modified so it didn't spike past 1.4 bar.

Final result is 281bhp / 286 lb/ft. Two big things to take away though:

• Standard panel filter is hugely restrictive - a decent BMC or ITG should easilly get up to the 300bhp region
    • Standard intercooler is not up to the job either - was hitting just under 65 C intake temps!
    Last edited by CaL; 15th December 2012 at 11:26.

Ive always said on this forum (mostly regarding GTs) good breathing in both directions for the engine is key to a good result!

Good result anyway, I bet you can use about 31 of those horsepowers in London

Punto know it all
    Yeah well I'm still on standard exhaust too, (albeit with the restrictive back box removed and a de-cat) so that could be an issue too. Most people seem to do breathing mods first then the heavier stuff ... not me!!

Ohh if that, I have to go about 4 miles to see any limit above 30mph lol.

Interesingly on the journey home I was averaging 38.5 mpg cruising at 78mph...

Punto know it all
    Picture of the action and of the graph:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you hav 4 driven wheels Cal? Only ask because you have higher transmission losses than I do... Whats that all about?

Whats the method of boost control? Could do with being smoothed out next by the looks

Punto know it all
    There was a similar thing on the coupe forum, and that guy from FC Performance who does all the mapping weighed in here:

The wheel power on a MAHA dyno is ALWAYS lower... ALWAYS. This is simply a product of their technology, nothing else.
    The MAHA is pretty much the most expensive dyno available used by Porsche and Audi as their OFFICIAL dyno in house.

There have been 100+ coupes run at Powerstation including individual power runs to full rolling road days. Nobody, and I repeat nobody has ever had a "bad" reading there.

That dosesn't explain why your losses are 3-4 times what they should be though.

Im not disputing how accurate they are, but some Claude will always pipe up and claim "so and so's dyno is the most accurate"

Mine was ran on two different MAHA systems, losses of around 100hp from a 400hp engine output, justsayin.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast