Thread: Megane F1 R26

Punto know it all
    You lot are sad

Who's car has the smallest arse then?

Not Cal's obviously!

Most rust, the Ford OBV.

Punto know it all
    Which will hold the most value though?
    Last edited by sicskate; 17th December 2012 at 19:05.

Punto know it all
    Most associations with a formula one championship winning race car?

Quote Originally Posted by CaL View Post
    Most associations with a formula one championship winning race car?
    Ford Cosworth DFV, most F1 wins...?

Believe it or not Mitsubishi only won one WRC constructors title, and it was using a mash of the 5 and 6...

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Ford Cosworth DFV, most F1 wins...?

Believe it or not Mitsubishi only won one WRC constructors title, and it was using a mash of the 5 and 6...
    Yeah but shh.

Mine was named after a winning car!

Punto know it all
    In my opinion there is no point having more than 100bhp in the UK anymore. PuntoBoy has the right idea buying a luxurious, modern, efficient car. Some of you may laugh but that is all you need in todays world. Anyone who has a brain larger than the size of a pea can look outside bhp and torque figures for road use.

Too much traffic, too many cameras, too much worry and fuel that is too expensive are just a few of the obstacles. (Even for someone like me who lives in a Rural location).

Everytime anyone is silly enough to go over 100mph on public roads - which in these performance cars can take anywhere between 10 and fifteen seconds (sometimes less), you soon have a ban, a court summonds, a lot of stress and all the legal costs. Maybe even lose your job no matter how clever you think you are at avoiding such perils.

Do it right. Get your racing license, buy a proper little racing car (starts from 1K) and stop being little boys playing driving illegally on the streets!

Yes there is a hobby, but what fun is a hobby you can't legally enjoy frequently.

And to all the people who pipe on about track days......ask yourself how many have you been on this year? I doubt for the majority it is more than a couple.

Brummy bummer
    You're a rather dull young man aren't you. Blah blah blah all you want I've still got the most boost gauges

Quote Originally Posted by jrracing View Post
    In my opinion there is no point having more than 100bhp in the UK anymore. PuntoBoy has the right idea buying a luxurious, modern, efficient car. Some of you may laugh but that is all you need in todays world. Anyone who has a brain larger than the size of a pea can look outside bhp and torque figures for road use.

Too much traffic, too many cameras, too much worry and fuel that is too expensive are just a few of the obstacles. (Even for someone like me who lives in a Rural location).

Everytime anyone is silly enough to go over 100mph on public roads - which in these performance cars can take anywhere between 10 and fifteen seconds (sometimes less), you soon have a ban, a court summonds, a lot of stress and all the legal costs. Maybe even lose your job no matter how clever you think you are at avoiding such perils.

Do it right. Get your racing license, buy a proper little racing car (starts from 1K) and stop being little boys playing driving illegally on the streets!

Yes there is a hobby, but what fun is a hobby you can't legally enjoy frequently.

And to all the people who pipe on about track days......ask yourself how many have you been on this year? I doubt for the majority it is more than a couple.

For a well constructed post, thats mostly a load of old bollocks all at the same time!

Traffic and caravans are an annoyance but hardly factor in on what I decide to own... Owning a racing car is hardly feesible for most people in the slightest, its always billed a sa good idea but if it was that good, that cheap and that simple more people would do it. However they don't because its not.

Personally I don't own my car so I can go fast everywhere, or think im some-sort of racing driver... I own it for a whole host of reasons, I work hard and having what you want should be one of lifes rewards.

And in everyones defence we were all having abit of friendly banter, and it was going really well without any upsets until you stepped in... Nice one

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast