Thread: 1997 Portofino Blue Coupe 20VT

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)

1997 Portofino Blue Coupe 20VT

Price: £1350 OBO
    Engine and model: 2.0 litre 20-valve Turbo
    Mileage: ~108,000
    Body colour: Portofino Blue
    Interior colour and material: Black leather
    Manufactured in: 1997
    # of previous owners: 6 (7 including myself, very temporarily)
    MOT / tax until: MOT with no advisories until Aug. 2013, untaxed, uninsured. So, bring evidence of third party cover with owner's consent to drive, if you'd like an accompanied test drive. The lanes and roads around Dunsfold are good testing grounds.
    Known technical issues: n/a
    General condition in and out: Very good body and exterior paintwork, no obvious car park dents etc., beyond very minor scrapes. Matched paint in partial tins available. Matching Zender sideskirts. (I'm pondering whether or not to have these for mine, persuade me otherwise?). Needs a good clean inside and out, but otherwise in very good condition.
    Blaupunkt MD(?!) player/radio fitted, needs adapter to connect the aerial to the unit and head unit/cage properly mounting. Front to rear remote CD changer player DIN interconnect cable present, I could be persuaded to fit a standard Alpine Radio Cassette and remote CD disc changer control system at additional cost. Remote DIN cable will be removed otherwise.
    V5C notes that the car was "substantially repaired and/or accident damaged, identity checked on 11/08/2010". I couldn't see any evidence of this beyond the very good body and paintwork condition.
    Modifications: Unknown, may have been remapped, but it is difficult to tell. It *seems* similar to my FCP/flea remapped 20VT, but I've not had chance for a serious road test, nor will unless I tax and insure it for a year.
    My full name: Timothy Nigel Clarke

At NBA Sportscars:

From the eBay advert by Bill Oscroft:

Very recently passed its MOT with no advisories, no tax, new battery, upgraded cross-drilled and vented front discs, new pads all around, new handbrake cables, windscreen replaced 24/09/2011 other checks carried out by AutoGlass under insurance cover. Car cover, may be 'breathed on', but I cannot say for sure. Formerly with Wlliam (Bill?) Oscroft in Hunts., if you know his FCCUK id., should he have had one.

Asking £1350 OBO, collected from Dunsfold and NBA Sportscars:
    http://www.nbasportscars.co.uk
    (good man is 'our' Nigel), but can arrange Tax, delivery etc., at buyers cost.

If no interest or agreement before I come back from the NuerburgRing trip on Monday, the Zender skirts, upgraded discs and red plug cover may get swapped for standard discs and another spare plug cover, either from my fully running and road legal 20VT or my spares, but nothing to invalidate the MOT.

Landline: 01483 830590
    Mobile: 0775 728 3708
    e-mail: tc.in.guildford@ntlworld.com

Or via PM, your choice.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 23rd August 2012 at 04:24. Reason: Minor additions/corrections.