Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Rebuilt GT2 seb 4.1 spec +

Punto know it all
    nice were in essex are you

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    I doubt you will see 2k no matter the work put in.

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawbster View Post
    I doubt you will see 2k no matter the work put in.
    In the end, a car is worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it, no matter that you feel that it's worth more, due to the TLC you've lavished upon it. You might just catch someone at the right time, whose taste is the same/similar and values it almost as highly, but you have to be prepared either to negotiate quickly if interest is shown, or drop the price regularly until there is interest. You're 'pushing the envelope' at that level, so it won't sell quickly, unless you're lucky.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by GT3guy View Post
    or drop the price regularly until there is interest.
    Dropping the price until there is interest sends out completely the wrong signals and smacks of desparation - many potential buyers will sit and watch a particularly car up fro sale for ages (weve all done it on ebay for example)

In all honesty this will turn off half your potential audience as buyers will hang on and hope you drop it, then drop it again. Its a gamble most are probably prepared to take in order to get it for a price they want to pay not want you want to sell it for. I hate the phrase "a car is worth what somebody is prepared to pay" and always will. You never hear a seller say that line its always buyers or the bah humbuggers who deliver this tired old cliche. Take Wheeler Dealers on TV for example. Mike Brewer quite often gets buyers making silly low offers after Edd has done a load of work on a car to get it mint and he will laugh at them and say no way he cant do it at that price. Its not on every car but when he knows he has something special he sticks to his guns and gets the maximum out of the buyer.

Without any work your GT2 maybe worth around £1000 so you can see the bridge between that and your modded cars starting price.

It really comes down to how much you value having that free space back on your drive for the Capri or how desparate you are for the money. £1700 and it could fly but then youll feel terrible and I would too letting it go for that.

I'm not saying you will get a buyer steam up and pay the £2,500 asking price as I doubt that happen. Around £2k does seem to be the glass ceiling right now for GTs on a good day with a following wind and far from it being due to any lack of interest in GTs I would say its mainly due to budget constraints/recession. The pattern Ive seen in the last year or so is more people avoiding the good well maintained clean GTs and buying shitters for well below a grand.

Its a good detailed advert and deserves to sell.

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by GT3guy View Post
    or drop the price regularly until there is interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    Dropping the price until there is interest sends out completely the wrong signals and smacks of desparation - many potential buyers will sit and watch a particularly car up fro sale for ages (weve all done it on ebay for example)
    You misunderstood my point, I meant when relisting, not during a, say 10-day, listing's period.

well ive lowered the price to £2000 id accept a reasonable offer just waiting for that buyer to come along! i'm in basildon b3nzarmy.... little bored playing with the current project non punto related but thought id post a pic...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12