Thread: Fiat Punto 1.4 1.6 GT Turbo Convertible Cabriolet Unfinished Project Red Black

Punto Enthusiast

Fiat Punto 1.4 1.6 GT Turbo Convertible Cabriolet Unfinished Project Red Black

This is for an Unfinished Project that need a little bit of work done Which will be explained in details below. The car is drivable but Need Tax and MOT.

I Started this project last year, I have seen a lot of 1.4 GT Punto around, but never more than that. Many of my mates and Punto Sport Forum members managed to get 250 BHP AND More, I was really surprised as this has only got a 1.4 Block. Then I found my 1.6 Engine Punto Convertible, Very rare to find as Fiat replaced them with 1.2 Engines. What made it really interesting is that the 1.6 Engine is non turbo but exactly the same engine as the 1.4 GT, the only difference was that it was none turbo. So With a bigger block I would get much more power than a 1.4 Block as it is a bigger displacement . For the conversion, you need to swap the 1.4 GT Engine block with the 1.6 Block , Which will be quiet simple, but I wanted to go further than that. What I wanted is A 1.6 GT Convertible. So I took all the parts from a 1.4 GT and build it around the 1.6 Shell of the convertible.(List of things done below).

I am now back at university and cannot afford messing around with cars. Short on Money.

List of Things Done:

The convertible roof has been changed Professionally By a Big company called BAS International,It's all electic with 1 button to close and open it , I got customed Mohair Roof, YES the ones that BMW have. They are not Cheap Ones, I Paid over £700. But it look really Good, was definitely worth it. they last longer and look better.

15 Rare Alloy Wheels, My mate got it imported from Italy.

1.4 GT Gearbox, Flywheel with Brand New Clutch and Bearing (Done Less than 6 Miles) and Gear Linkages
    Turbo Stage 1 Came off a R5 Turbo Good Condition
    Turbo Kit Boost Pipe
    Intercooler Off a R5
    Front Hubs Conversion to 1.4 GT
    Complete Rear Axle With Disc Brake Conversion
    Water return for turbo
    Oil Feed Custom Done by Pirtek Hight Quality Braided Line
    Boost Bleed
    Twin Piston Dump Valve Bailey
    Driver and Passenger side Drive Shaft
    Boost Gauge
    Straight Through Pipe Exhaust from Decat to Backbox
    Custom Manifold 1.4 GT
    Down Pipe
    Bad Boy Bonnet

ALL The work is done, All you need now is to finish it, Couple of Hours or a whole day to make it perfect!

1st If I was you, I will change to body Kit, Not really my thing , I hate Fibre glass body kit as they crack over humps etc.. Get an Abarth Body Kit , Original made of plastic. Reliable.

To run it perfectly , and to be able to remap it in the future, you will need to sort out the management, It is really important in car tuning. I have The ECU and the Entire Wiring Loom. Will Drop it with the car if sold for a decent Price.

Brakes: FRONT AND REAR Brake pads MUST BE CHANGED! there are wearing thin. Driver side Passenger Handbrake required, the old one was rusted so I didn't put it back.

Bad Point:

My old Roof was ripped (Reason why it was changed) and the water from the rained when inside the car and stayed at the bottom of the spare wheel space. which after year has caused rust. I got it welded and sorted out. 1 DAY before going for the MOT. Passed no Problem.

Bonnet wasn't sanded down after spraying so this will be needed if you want it to look perfect.

1 wing is starting to fade, it has been sitting on my driveway for a while now.

Exhaust Burnt a bit of the body kit . Easy fix, with a bit of fibre glass paste.

I tried to be as honest as I could, I may have had missed to few things but minor.

You can Come have a look at the car, In North London, Enfield, You can call me on 07954493999 For any question.

Extra:

I have loads of Receipts, Red Key, 3 Owner.
    I can Tint the car if you want at no Extra Cost if I have time in the future. Would be lovely to see it on the road.

The car needs to a good wash, I'll will try to do it if I have time.

This is an Unfinished project, Please Don't expect a Car show car.

I'm not asking for a lot of Money, But enough to buy a little Drive around car with decent Alloys.

On 18-Jul-12 at 18:24:18 BST, seller added the following information:
    Black Angel Lights (Bought Brand New)

Would consider swap with a decent diesel car

Price : Make me an offer, I hate to put a price but I have to. (Price around £999)

Punto Enthusiast
    Changing the price to £650 Anyone interested?

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by AbarthGT View Post
    Changing the price to £650 Anyone interested?
    Argh, you guys are killing me! It'd save me a lot of work, but I don't have the space and it doesn't have the towing/towbar stuff that "Project NuVolaRi" has!

I'm v. interested, but I'm going have to ponder how to clear some space/cars and how I might build the desired resultant 1.6 GT Cabrio to how I want it.

Punto Enthusiast
    bump! £500 Then will have to start breaking it which i really don't want to do :S

Pick up from London
    Last edited by GT3guy; 12th September 2012 at 08:15. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

Sorry, pal. I'm very interested, but I've quite a few things to do first. I can advance a deposit, if you can store it for a couple of weeks to a month?

Punto know it all
    Is this car in Canterbury?

Nope, London (Enfield). Just got off the 'phone with Nav.