Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo VI GSR

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by ash0098 View Post
    Never noticed the air intake before. Even went back to look if it was there! I like it.
    I didnt Eva lol... Is that standerd Vern? Air intake scoop?

Quote Originally Posted by mjjgt View Post
    I didnt Eva lol... Is that standerd Vern? Air intake scoop?
    Haha yes mate standard on Evo 4/5/6

Punto Lover
    That's cool then.. really like the 6/7 just put off now with people saying they rott really bad.how many did you view b4 you got this one?

Quote Originally Posted by mjjgt View Post
    That's cool then.. really like the 6/7 just put off now with people saying they rott really bad.how many did you view b4 you got this one?
    Ive undersealed mine over and over again had it since 2002, one previous owner and 4k on the clock so no need to view any others as was virtually a new car

Thought i would attack the Evo's arches with autumn setting in, so im going to concentrate on each one indivually starting with the rear drivers side.

Jet washed it out then scrubbed it thoroughly before another jet wash before allowing to dry, a little bit of surface rust had gathered but nothing bad at all, used a wire brush drill attachment to clean the rust off before treating the metal then spreying on some undersealing treatment paint then a few coats of undersealer

Progress so far, going to let the arches dry over night before applying the undersealer.

Common problem for the metal fuel pipe to corrode and thus leaking my V power onto the floor so have fitted a new jobbie and undersealed it to death!

Undersealer applied to arches plus the primer allowing to dry

Hopefully attacking the clutch this weeked weather permiting ect also plan to fit new disks and pads all round and poss some coil overs too.

Been speaking to Rimstyle today where i got my Comps for the GT about a set of 9.5 x 18 Rota Grid drfits just deciding on a relervant tyre to compliment them.

Another piece of carbon fibre to the collection was waiting for me on my return home

A nice plug cover...

Punto know it all
    new clutch? cant wait to see some photos of that sizeable task. youll save a fortune over garage bills for that job doing it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    new clutch? cant wait to see some photos of that sizeable task. youll save a fortune over garage bills for that job doing it yourself.
    Yeah new clutch hopefully going in this weekend mate, its a sh1t job but yeah would rather do it myself than line some one elses pocket.

Half way through doing the clutch at the mo, hit a major problem in that i cant free the clutch release bearing from the pressure plate inside the feckin gear box so im at a stop once again on another car

Got all the prop shaft off, both drive shafts out, input shaft out of the box, transfer box off, fluid drained ect just the box to come off but alas it will not budge due to the release bearing still being engaged ffs.

While i ponder on my next move i started on the front two inner wheel arches rubbing them down and undersealing to the max lol

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    admire your dedication towards this car mate, keeping it mint as it really is a lovely example, having seen it plenty of times in the metal

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast