Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo VI GSR

Evo VI GSR

So thought id show my Evolution VI as I havnt said too much about it tbh.
    I bought the car towards the end of 2001/ start of 2002 after selling my Max Power cover car Punto GT, always wanted an Evo 6 after seeing a gathering of them at Chelsea cruise many moons ago that made my mind up

The standard Evo was imported new by a mature owner who decided Ferrari's were more his thing so traded this in with just under 4.5k on the clock.

So there it was sat gleaming in the show room with only 1 owner, Evo private plate, feck all mileage but a price tag to make me cry, It was for sale at £20995 but after a haggle got it down to a more modest £19995 hey its only money......right?

As ive always owned either Uno turbo's or Punto GT's aswell as the Evo it meant i could use the Mitsi rarely to not only keep the buzz alive but to keep the mileage right down which I have achieved as shes only done to the day 26K

For me the car has always and i mean always put a smile on my face when Ive got in it, never been on a track or 1/4 mile strip but this hasnt taken anything away from its amazing performance/handling ect

So I decided to keep the mods to a minimum, i wanedt it to sit a little lower so fitted 40mm Avo springs as they do stand high out of the box.
    The fitted an HKS mushroom filter along with an HKS Super dragger exhaust, still wanted to free up some more power so took the car to RSR tyres where they removed the two silencers in the HKS system which an instant improvement, then fitted a De-cat to compliment it all.

Havnt touched the boost at all it runs standard map still but like i say its still an absolute riot as it is.

Regulary polish and clean inside and out aswell as under sealing it a few times as they wernt treated in Japan.

Wish I had kept the original OZ Super T's but sold them many years ago when i bought these rare Millie miglia split 18" alloys which arent to every ones taste, too bling for some I guess, I have been looking at a change tbh so that maybe on the cards next........

Anyway enough speil heres the car in question, been doing a few minor bits to it recently aswell.

Taken at a Blue water Jap meet

With my mates 34GTR

This is the most recent pictures of it

Fitted some Ralliart flaps, used to hate them but have really grown on me

Fitted a Greddy Boost gauge as Evo's up to a 6 dont have them as stock
    Ive fitted an HKS Turbo timer and momo gear nob to compliment the factory Momo wheel

New Ralliart boot badge

Engine bay obviously

Thought id refurb the Brembo's as any one who knows there Evo's will know the laquer on the calipers are prone to cracking and letting in water so i stripped all four down and repainted them.

This was the state they were in, not pretty....

Up in the air let the fun commence....

And after with new stickers

Next up for it well im not 100% sure really, may deiced to sell her if i get a decent offer or may up the power with a Map ect........
    Last edited by Vern; 18th June 2012 at 23:12.

Would it look better with some 8x18 OZ Super T's?

Actually, they're probably not the wheels I mean. That said could look interesting with SuperTs on it.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/scal...wist/EVOV.html

Hmm maybe not. I'm sure I saw some kind of multi-spokes on an Evo and it looked nice.

Whats with the model car haha, yeah i do like the OZ Super T's or Super GT's aswell but they are fairly pricey.

Ive seen some Inovit 961 alloys in a 8x18 that im half tempted on.....

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Love this car, about once a year Matt tries to sell it to me

It has to be one of the lowest mileage 6's in the country

Pics don'd do it justice, it really is A1 condition guys

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Love this car, about once a year Matt tries to sell it to me

It has to be one of the lowest mileage 6's in the country

Pics don'd do it justice, it really is A1 condition guys
    Haha cheers mate and yep always like to give you a gentle nudge in its direction

26k jesus! Some collectors cars have more than that on.

Gotta agree about the wheels though, I've seen a couple of lads use the standard 18's from an X. They suit the VI really well.
    With that many miles on I'd be reluctant to put much none standard stuff on as well.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Exact reason I won't buy it, I wouldn't be able to leave it standard, and it deserves to be left like that

Punto Lover
    Gorgeous car, not a big fan of wheels, needs some Compomotives or summit!

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    benders cars!

:-) joking

Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast