Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 Uno Turbo cylinder head - MINT

Mk1 Uno Turbo cylinder head - MINT

Uncracked, perfect working condition Uno Turbo cylinder head. Fits all GTs with a little faffing, faffing worth doing for a proer working head.

Differences include a water outlet on the back of the head, i assume this is instead of the one on the front of a GT head, easily sorted by simply fitting a 90 degree take off close to the head and sending it over the cam cover and where it needs to go, cant remember off the top of my head if this is the turbo water feeder or the one that goes back into the metal pipe...

Also the thermostat will need to be from an Uno Turbo, it is the same thermostat fitment as the 1500cc head i have for sale. Bill could confirm a suitable thermostat in this instance??!!

No cracks, just abit grubby from some rich running in the past, should clean up spankers!!

The head isnt a flat bottomed GT3 type, as its quite old but it doesnt have the very noticable dish of the GT1 cylinder heads, its on some sort of middle ground, so would be ok for both GT1 and GT3 engines IMO.

Comes as pictured, including valves and springs etc

Metal water pipe is corroded but as said, a 90degree fitting will need to sit in its place anyway for it to clear the PAS pump, maybe the one from the front of a GT3 head will go straight in. In light of this im not saying its a straight gaurantee'd fit for a GT with all engine ancillarys.

pics

Thermostat location, bottom...

Because it is in prime condition but because it will need ingenuity to fit it im asking £100 + £20 postage to the UK.

Bargain if you ask me...
    Last edited by Superman; 23rd February 2012 at 09:46.

Punto Lover
    Dan you mean 1301cc head!!!

It was a 1342cc engine Phil. I have no explanation for it.

Bottom end was 1342 and the top end was from a 1301.

Punto Lover
    what the hells a 1342 engine from?

Apologies i mean 1372cc engine Fanny

It is a 1301cc cylinder head yeah, my mistake. It is the same bore as a GT though so no reason it wont work fine on a GT with a GT head gasket.

Punto Lover
    i have a 1301 on my 1372 ut. dont know the combustion chamber cc, but i think its a smaller volume to a gt3. one/two mods needed for a 1372cc ut block. if you look at the last pic, bottom right of the head its missing a water way. get a gasket mark it out and drill it out, same mod applies to the gt. gt also needs the water pipe outlet on the head blanking with a core plug. inlet ports are also different i modded manifold to suit on the 1372 ut. i have never seen a cracked mk1 ut head.

What did you do to the inlet Phil? I know it has that little lisp for the injector direction from the mk1 UT inlet runners...

blanking the water outlet is an easy solution! ANd i suppose drilling the underside out is too, i have a compressed but unused GT head gasket i can throw in for this use!

Cheers

Punto Lover
    you can either add a lisp as you call it to the manifold so is matching and use a ut mk1 gasket or enlarge the ports till they are round then match manifold and gasket.

I imagine alot of people assume why on some 'pattern' head gaskets the inlets are egg shape, and here is that reason.

Cheers for the info Phil!

Punto Lover
    no probs man! GLWTS! tis a bargain

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast