Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project "NuVolaRi", 1.6 Cabriolet ELX

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)

Project "NuVolaRi", 1.6 Cabriolet ELX

Due to a recent decision to cut back on my outstanding projects and needing the space, I've reluctantly decided that "NuVolaRi" has to go, to make room for an acquisition. ~88K mileage. Red and Blue V5Cs, various documentation. Face-off radio/CD player.

These pic.s are from before I bought him. Paint colour is Speed Red (168).

These photos are ~18 months old, but I shall be adding new, better ones ASAP, after a bit of fettling.

Link to album of pic.s before any fettling pre-sale
    http://imageshack.us/g/220/p1010004ng.jpg/
    You've seen how good he can look with some work.

Link to album after ~2 hours basic cleaning
    http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/y...aRi%20cleaner/
    Sorry about the camera shake. What can you expect from a guy with DT after a hard day's work, drinking and all else?

Although he's been stood for a while, he started at the first turn of the key, after reconnecting the battery. Working infrared remote Blue key and the Red Selca immobiliser disable keyfob, plus non-remote spare Blue key. This is for an aftermarket Selca (3.2?) immobiliser, which I believe is currently unfused, for which I have a couple of PDFs on file.

Was a Cat C writeoff from before my seller had it. The righthand front wing seems to have been replaced, and the whole car resprayed. There is evidence of a large company decal/advert on the bonnet, which shows the colour contrast, but I hope to be able to remove that pre-sale.

Fully wired as a "tow or be towed" workhorse, you would need the A-frame for towing him. It was used by my seller to take/be taken to various, including European, venues by courtesy trailers and coaches and the like and then return therefrom in the Cabrio.

Unmolested and largely unused by me. Currently SORNed and untaxed, without MOT, so would need a flatbed pickup.

There is a rattle from the exhaust, which I believe is the innards of the catalyser. I've no information on the possible effect on emissions, as I haven't MOTed it since I bought it.

There are a couple of non-leaking repairs to either side of the front of the hood, but the rear window seems to leak into the boot, not excessively.

The rear bumper is scratched from trailer attachment and has been broken at the righthand corner during that long spell of ice and snow, when it was parked on the road (thoughtless reprobate's action).

I intend doing some pre-sale cleaning and refettling of the interior and paintwork, as it has been stood out in the elements and mold and UV have had a play. I have GT3 front seats to go into him, as the driver's seat is worn and I prefer height adjustment in Cabrio.s.

OIRO £500, collect only
    Last edited by GT3guy; 25th May 2012 at 06:06. Reason: Added pic. to 'now' album link and made minor corrections.

Punto know it all
    Could you not find any smaller pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by sicskate View Post
    Could you not find any smaller pictures?
    Your wish is my command!

Added album link and made minor changes to main post.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Unfortunately I think this is well beyond what I'd be able to afford ATM As a basic shell is what I am after.

Good luck with you sale.

No prob.s chum. I'll be linking later pic.s after a mere couple of hour work today, soon.

Added 5 more pic.s to the Photobucket 'cleaner' album, showing Back to Black results on interior and bump strips, calcium(?) deposits on rear perspex window, captive razor blade scraper tool (with the effects of wax polish vs none apparent on the bonnet corner behind it).

Any interest? Offers invited and I have a limited timescale in which to dispose of him. If it gets too late, he may go to the scrappy which would be a great shame. I just don't have the time and storage space to break him myself.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 25th May 2012 at 06:11. Reason: Merged update posts.

What is your limeted timescale.

Another 10 days or so, possibly more, unless serious interest is received. I can't keep my AGP SS seller waiting too long, although I could park my two legal ones on the street for a bit. That's not strictly within the terms of my insurance policies though.

I may put him on Pistonheads, once he looks as good as he's going to.
    Last edited by GT3guy; 24th May 2012 at 10:29.

I wish you well with the sale i really do. Finance wise i wont really be in the market to buy one for 6months most likeley.

Out of interest. Whats the scrap value of it?

If i recal transportation costs to me would be in the region of 170 it just makes it unviable for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast