Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What cars have you made look silliy in your little punto ;)

Punto Enthusiast

What cars have you made look silliy in your little punto ;)

Just wondering what sort of cars people's gt's have beat of the line or at least kept up with?

Punto Enthusiast
    I may not have a GT but I do like to show stuff up in my sporting :P

My personal favourite was a friend of mine who had a Lamborghini yellow painted, completely standard MR2 non turbo.
    He was all mouth saying it could keep up with my mate Dan's tyre R so on a private bit of racetrack, I raced him in my sporting and stuck to his rear bumper to about 95-100, because he drives like a pussy.

Best bit was I had a mate in the car, and so did he, so I had witnesses.
    When we pulled up he was saying 'oh I pissed all over you' etc etc, untill both mates turned round to him and said 'err, no you didn't!'

It was brilliant!

Punto Lover
    Friend of mine has a mountune st, I pissed all over him when it was standard. Came back to me with all this mouth when he had the mountune setup done and I still pushed him out the way. He was unimpressed lol.
    Rich boys in there 325-328 beamers are fun to make look stupid. Got there gold digger girlfriends with them, showing off having a laugh at me in the punto and you completly leve them from a 50mph speed camera is funny!
    Golf gti's and standard type r's get the same treatment as well

Bird brain???
    I pissed all over an aixam lastnite and a mk3 golf a few months back

Punto Lover
    Too many to list. But my most recent one was a e46 BMW 325ci, he was basically kiss my bumper thinking I was racing him untill we came to a set of light, he started revving his car and I started laughing lights turn green and I blew him away. Came to the second sets of lights and he said to me "WHAT THE F**k IS THAT" lol asked him what BMW is that and he said "it's ONLY a 325ci" lol

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I beat a Porsche Boxster S at santapod, and a pretty standard turbo 2000 scooby, both in my black GT. Also pushed a couple of focus ST's along in the same GT.

Raced an Evo VI in my turq seb4 GT, and was pretty neck and neck from 30-100, Arda was in the car with me.

Punto Enthusiast
    A mate reckons my gt is quicker than his st170, 106 / 206 gti's are no match.

Main reason for asking is because a bloke in a Alfa 147 gta kept his head looking forward today after we stopped in traffic, A dule carrigway before that he was looking and laughing at my orange wheels

Punto know it all
    Many in mine but only one sticks in my memory the most. When I was running in my first build with the 25r. Launched a brand new golf r32 of the lights with brad in the car. Came up to the next set of lights and the lil rich kid asked me 'what's that bloody noise your cars making, Isit nos''

My brother in his old seb2 launched a skyline, left him till about 100. The video is still on YouTube. The guy recording says 'no way!! That's a Punto bruv!''

Other then that evos, subruas, focus rs.. Many on the list as there's regular fun on Sunday nights our way

Edit: one that I loved !! Civic type r, I think it was pretty standard. Again rich boy but this time with his mrs. Came up next to me, looked at my car started having a laugh with his mrs.. Launched him waited for him to catch up then left him again.. Next lights I looked at him, he didn't even want to look over.. Again same with a cooper works 225hp although this guy wa embarressed to have a chat at the next set of lights
    Last edited by PuntoGTturbo; 16th May 2012 at 19:49.

Punto know it all
    off the line even in standard tune ive left allsorts over the years of my GT history.......the classic 2000 scoobies, rover 220 turbos, sierra cosworth (it was kind of neck and neck with one sapphy but I was 3 up), 1.8T and 1.4TSi GT VAGs, ST220, T5s, beaten the early M3s (E30), Leons, A3s, BMW 123d, Cooper S, the list goes on. and way back in 1996 the 1.9 GTi 205!

i thrashed my first GT (a GT1) to within an inch of its life to try (for reasons I still dont know but we do these things) and catch a 280hp WRX scooby once and nearly scared myself to death mainly due to the GTs crap brakes and poor handling in standard tune. lack of poke wasnt the problem.

in the mid range 30/40-100 some big dieselled mercs, da-audi's, beemers and jags have had their collar felt-torquey yes but theyre all very overweight. especially satisfying if they are right up your trumpet looking for a non-existent way around you from around 60 in 4th up to 100. whooooooffff, bye......had one run in with the new golf GTi 200ps and opened a bit of gap up from 20 off up to around 80. the road was rigorously patrolled so i backed off and let GTi man past. knowing when to back off is key.

my biggest grin and surprise came last year at a set of lights in the Mint Ducale GT3. the lights were already on red as i approached and stopped. an M3 (E46 - quad exhausts) was in front of me at the front of the line. a Rover ZS180 in the outer lane. lights change and the M saunters off the line initially, the rover gives it the beans next to him and then the M3 smokes away veering off to the right in the path of the ZS?.....anyway i just slingshotted the GT off the line like a mule and I was right with it. above 3rd he would been gone but i used a local cash point as my excuse to pull over to save any unnecessary embrassment as those things are pushing over 400hp! he must have thought what the hell is that punto doing behind me. the rover is still at the lights! nah he was just a dot in the mirror.

really apart from the new scoobies, evos, Mk2 Focus RS, 335i turbo, RSTT, 330d, RS3 etc which have loads more power/torque and traction most stuff can be given a damn good run for its money. funnily enough ive never come up against another GT or Uno Turbo. an uno might kick even their bottoms though as they weigh as much as my little finger!

remember someone will always have a bigger pecker than you

er....just spotted it was cars that made the punto look silly too...whatever ive taken on ive usually beaten.
    prior to the FCP remap i did get overtaken by a Civic T R from around 40-80 but i was in 4th not expecting him to go back around.
    an M3 on the M1 2 years ago from around 50mph just pulled away from me effortlessly.
    Last edited by clarkster; 16th May 2012 at 22:48.

PSC sex offender no.1
    The HGT used to leave 325's for dust...they aren't that impressive. Hell it gave an rx8 a good challenge at pod.

The civ gave a surprise to another PSC member who shall remain nameless when he tried to catch me up.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast