Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: worth a thought

Punto know it all
    And to be fair even if price of membership went to 20quid (for uk) I'm sure the offer of a free or cut price track day would rope people in

Quote Originally Posted by gt1-jamie View Post
    And to be fair even if price of membership went to 20quid (for uk) I'm sure the offer of a free or cut price track day would rope people in
    Im sure it would, but it would need to be hundreds that joined up at that price, probably thousands to accumilate the kind of cash needed to suppliment to a worthwhile degree.

£20 is too much in whatever sense, you'd be better of having a kitty and those who will take part add to it.

Like someone else said, the members should look at holding more meets before anything, get down to Santa Pod a couple of more times this year, maybe go to USC like we used to years ago?! Get a rolling road day in the calendar and one that would suit more people than just the members from that region, have a drive out to somewhere interesting for photos. All of these were a common occurance only 5years ago and were usually organised by the members.

Maybe something big time like going to LeMans, or the Nurburgring etc? I have done all of the above with people I only knew via the forum, made some uber mates along the way too, not just the local gang of GT owners!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by B3NZARMY View Post
    ok ok so i bought a key ring got the stickers and that was a bonus believe me i didn't expect them things like that should go a long way but since i did ive had a neg like got your moneys now F off basicly so i wont bother as yu say im always wrong
    No one has told you to FO, no one locks anything till you thank them, no one does anything out of the ordinary in general or towards you Ben. You just seem like abit of a drama queen some days if anything, its usually, and honestly over nothing on most occasions.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Dans right, we have more chance of picking a day for such a meet like 'Punto vs starlet' and find out what the cost will be for private hire. Then split the price between all wanting to participate, on both forums.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p44fvj

Punto know it all
    Its all about notice I find! The first bluewater and the pod day worked because I organised them like 4months in advance! Io would love to do usc but "its a massive chav fest" is the only response I get when trying to sort a stand out etc

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by gt1-jamie View Post
    Its all about notice I find! The first bluewater and the pod day worked because I organised them like 4months in advance! Io would love to do usc but "its a massive chav fest" is the only response I get when trying to sort a stand out etc
    I'd worry about getting financial commitments with several months notice though...

Punto know it all
    all about planning ahead so i tell you what ill do lets see if we can get a psc stand sorted for use and being as its 5months away i expect the majority to attend plenty of notice to book a friday saturday sunday off work and i do believe its the bank holiday weekend ill double check though so keep an eye on the track days section

Punto Lover
    I want my stickeeeeeers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or I'll send a F-18 the Spanish army with an inmense bomb over there. (Hopping it doesnt fall apart, like all of them)
    Last edited by speakerbox; 1st April 2012 at 13:31.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234