Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: worth a thought

Punto know it all

worth a thought

right so just an idea which will probs get smirked at but basically RTOC members pay into the forum and with the money raised from paid members they rent out say santa pod for a day which is free to all paid members etc just wondered if say the membership went upto 15quid and included a free track day as an insentive to pay up might seduce a few more members to pay and encourage more projects to be undertaken etc

Punto know it all
    why cant we do that here as see this as a good opertunity

I would love to try something like that. Unfortunately even putting the membership up an extra fiver wouldn't cover the cost.
    Members putting money into a pot would be a more realistic idea but I'm sceptical as to how generous our members woud be.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    I would love to try something like that. Unfortunately even putting the membership up an extra fiver wouldn't cover the cost.
    Members putting money into a pot would be a more realistic idea but I'm sceptical as to how generous our members woud be.
    if we had a good day meet like this even once a year im sure people would build up there pennys for this,
    make this an option and a puplic vote for now
    its a good idea and brilliant for the rep for the clubs sake

Punto know it all
    and the fact it will be the same members paying every year while others reap the benefit i wonder how much it would cost though my local sprint track costs around 500 a day to rent its not the longest track but its tight and technical ill find a link!!! must be worth a look at somewhere anything to raise money and awareness for the club is a good thing

Punto know it all
    best bit would bye north weild rwyb its cheap and a good track printed times also photos

Problem is we don't have the community like other forums, as of now in the last 30 days we have 378 Active Members and i bet you now that not even a 3rd of them are paid members. Then you need them who pay to pay £5 or so and arrange a mutual time/place for the day.

Look at other club events in the past, we struggle to get 15-20 names down because of the distance between members and events. It's a good idea but doubt it would ever happen unless we combine it with fiatforum etc

Punto know it all
    http://www.curborough.co.uk/curbmain.htm worth an email for prices si just as a guide as to how many 'payed members' there are now and what the divisible rise in membership would be also im sure more would pay up as ths provides an insentive so could equal more profit for the club

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by mozovdarlo View Post
    Problem is we don't have the community like other forums,
    wonder why that is
    instead of belittle people try helping (i dont mean you at all before you think that )
    20% of us try and the others just tag along for there knowledge to be kept locked until you thank then
    it will work if we all group together and make a forum announcement

Punto know it all
    im sure that fiat forum guys would be up for it im not on there really unless im going to auto italia or sumat then ill join them on there stand

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast