Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiesta st- Had one/been in one?

Punto Enthusiast
    Well just got an insurance quote for a Mk1 rs 52 plate, standard, and it was less than what i was paying for the GT. I mean what the foook? lol, was just a reg I pinched of ebay to do the quote but i was very suprised! Thanks for the help, its opened my eyes up to what really is available. Im leaning more towards a bank loan now as then im not tied to the car for 5 years. I know its a gamble but im in a secure job and if i was to save up for this kind of car it would take ages and then id probably be scared to spend that big wad of cash!

Josh

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    I don't see what difference that makes? So is a Ferrari more worth taking finance out on than an Audi?
    I just don't rate fiestas at all, just my opinion.. It's a ford at the end of the day lol.. I mean I wouldn't take out a loan or finance for any car really especially a fiesta..

I'd say consider an abarth, Punto evo etc.

Punto know it all
    whats your budget?

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Parts are always going to be a fecking rip off if you go main dealer same for my Evo its a piss take, just had a look on ebay for a front wishbone for an Focus RS and found one for £150 straight away so although not cheap cheap its better than the robbers at the dealers.

Ive seen Rs's go from 5k now too.
    That's obvious, just an example that come to mind. Genuine Ford RS specific front arms? That's still £300 a pair! I get all my parts from the same person, heavily discounted and trust me some things are still not cheap. Some parts are or were also impossible to get hold of, like certain seals that you can only get with a whole part but thankfully traders have stepped in and had replacements made in almost all these cases.

Expect to pay around £8k for a decent FRS, and up to £10k for a really nice example. Seen a few Cat D's and C's go for £6-£7k. There has been one FRS recently that's sold for £5k, starship mileage and a dent in the rear quarter but FSH and owner moving to Oz so quick sale needed. Prices actually seem to be going up again now, and there are a lot less on the market than there was a year ago. Another two written off last month too.

Punto know it all
    i sold my 03 plate RS with 28k miles early 2005 for £14.5k (yes lost £5.5k in 18 months) but its good to hear that prices are now starting to rise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12