Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiesta st- Had one/been in one?

Punto Enthusiast

Fiesta st- Had one/been in one?

Looking at getting a fiesta st on finance at the moment, and just wondered what there like? I'm looking at an 07 plate one at the moment, and the deals are quite good. Im wanting something nice and smart, comfy and still be able to have abit of fun when I want!

Has anyone had one? Would like helpful comments really lol,

Thanks

Josh

Punto Lover
    fiesta st are not fast that i know,
    few years back i raced one with my Grande punto 130 jtd sport
    and i won

Punto know it all
    Its a 'fiesta' at the end of the day.. I personally wouldnt take out finance for one

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo View Post
    Its a 'fiesta' at the end of the day.. I personally wouldnt take out finance for one
    You mean the same as ours are just punto's

I quite like them tbh

Punto know it all
    Of course.. It's not BMW, or mercedes, audis I mean them cars I may consider taking finance out for.. But not a fiesta.

You could prob get a mk1 Focus RS for the same sort of money, go there mate.

Brummy bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo View Post
    Of course.. It's not BMW, or mercedes, audis I mean them cars I may consider taking finance out for.. But not a fiesta.
    I don't see what difference that makes? So is a Ferrari more worth taking finance out on than an Audi?

Nice little cars tbh, not fast but will outhandle a Punto any day of the week and they're very well equipped. Well built and reliable but thirsty for a car of its type, don't expect to average more than 30mpg mixed driving. Drive really nicely but doesn't beat a Punto GT for outright giggles imo, they feel their weight. Loads of nice goodies for them

Punto Enthusiast
    Thanks for the helpful replies, its the first time ive done the whole finance thing so it feels like a big step so i want to make sure i get the right car. Others have said to get a bank loan and then i can sell the car whenever i want?

Abit more digging has made me realise that for not alot more on my monthly payments for the fiesta, could see me with an astra vxr or a focus rs mk1 as you pointed out Matt. Obviously the running costs would be alot more for these but got to be worth it for the enjoyment id get from it?

Thanks

Josh

Brummy bummer
    I would do neither but if I had to chose I would get a bank loan over car finance.

If you chose a Focus RS be aware running costs can be steep. Try insurance because I think you will be surprised, very cheap cars to insure taking into account their capabilities. 97+ petrol only, 25mpg average, some parts are very expensive so don't break it. I saw someone posted up on RSOC today that Ford wanted £800 for two new front wishbones. Fantastic cars though, really fantastic. Immense fun, honestly don't think I'll ever sell mine and so many people on the RSOC have had Evo's, M3's, VXR's, even Mk2 FRS' and still come back to the Mk1.

On the other hand Astra VXR's are just pants. Steering lets it down bit-time, go drive one and you'll see what I mean. It's like the front wheels aren't even connected. Awful steering is the last thing you want in a powerful FWD car.

I'd be looking at the Mazda 3 MPS I think.
    Last edited by MasterAuron; 30th March 2012 at 19:44.

Parts are always going to be a fecking rip off if you go main dealer same for my Evo its a piss take, just had a look on ebay for a front wishbone for an Focus RS and found one for £150 straight away so although not cheap cheap its better than the robbers at the dealers.

Ive seen Rs's go from 5k now too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast