Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Insurance prices

Punto Enthusiast
    19 1years no claims driving for 2 years punto GT £1600

Quote Originally Posted by hobizoli View Post
    who has no accident becomes -5% per in next year prices, max discount is -50% in this
    the retail price is me 240GBP+30% accindent-tax (from this year january), with no discounts, and there are many other discounts too in the price:
    if you have a bank account too by the same company is -25% (this depends on insurance company), no need to have on that money too, just the account
    driver's (any) age is no less than 30 is also -x%

There are traffic jams also daily, but since the fuel prices grow 2x as it was 3 years ago, there is about -10-15% traffic
    1 litre 95 octane fuel is now "just" 417 here (1 month ago was 439, in 2009 januar was only 215)
    avarage monthly income is just 120000-150000HUF, unemployments: 47000HUF
    (1GBP=350HUF now, so calculate)
    and the prices are not too much less as by you, many things are same price, or are just -10-20%

morons are here also too on the roads, maybe far less pakistanian, indian or turkish as in the UK are
    but here we have the romanians, who are mostly like a idiot, can't drive or just pay for thier driving licence or i dont know how other way they have it, in many accident one of the cars/trucks is driven by a romanian
    or they just sleep(!) by the wheel and lost the control

half year ago was a frontal accident too, romanian bus vs romanian truck, 17 died, just 20kms from the romanian border, other accident from 10kms from slovenian border on M70, same situation, 12 died in the bus, romanian bus came from Spain without change the driver, the romanian truck was on road to Italy...
    in october on M0 (highway around Budapest), 6 cars crashed just before me, i even just emergency stopped 1.5-2m distance from the 6th car, 3 from the 6 cars was romanian, the 1st car (romanian) stopped in the inner(!!) line to watch the other car stands on the emergency line... OMG

croatia and serbia has no too many highways and their motorways has in some regions very-very bad surface, so romanians driving trough us to the west, on from west to home
    the croat highways for tourists are highly expensive, for one ride by them from our border to the croat sea for holyday and back anyone can drive here by us 3 months(!) long (3x1month) on all our highways 0-24h as far as you have fuel, and thier highways are shrink and mostly limited to 110kmh speeds with many speedtraps, by us the limit is 130kmh but up to 145-150kmh is no problem with the police
    serbians too, for non_serbian licensed cars is 3-3.5x price, and the highway's quality is some areas OMG WTF
    years ago we had with my friends a holiday to the bulgarian Black Sea, the serbian highway was so extremly highly priced, the three section for only one(!) route was sum 59000(!!!) in HUF for us, our 30day long (any times, any distance, on any our highways) licence was there times 3800HUF
    this is why using our roads the turks and romanians for heading between their home and the west, system is relative wide and cheap, highways reach the borders, so the transit traffic is also high on them

in this eastern european (ex-communist, so without Austria) region here we have here the best(!) roads and far wide and cheap highway system as our neighboor contrys

even from east-Slovakia many comes on the border to Hungary and drives on hungarian highways to west-Slovakia, because SVK has only highways on thier west side, facing only north to south on their CZ border, and A-PL, and some short terms), and it's distances are not too long too
    as some years ago we both are in the Schengen-area is no border control between us
    also the ukranians driving on hungary to the west, and the turks, who working and live in Germany, to Turkey in summer

so this high-traffic comes from them too on our roads

Stuck behind a Hungarian Lorry trying to get out of work today!!

Punto know it all
    an extra years no claim brought my insurance down £10! lol wtf is that!! warrington must have a huge car crime culture that i dont know about!

Punto Sports Club Member Damosan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Floppydodo View Post
    an extra years no claim brought my insurance down £10! lol wtf is that!! warrington must have a huge car crime culture that i dont know about!
    Mine went down by a grand ;o aha

Punto Lover
    £700 just to make it that bit worse lol

Just had the mrs renewal through, no claims made, no points, nothing has changed apart from the fact she has an extra years no claims and kwik fit have tried putting it up by £750 to £1600!! I rang them up to have a moan and they'll now do it for£770.

Screw them I've just found it for £610 elsewhere

22, 3 years NCB, 3 points, 1.2 16V punto sporting, £848

Punto know it all
    24, 7yncb, protected no claims, £325 fully comp

Punto know it all
    22 3yrs ncb 750 fc all mods declared and thats a big list

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosan View Post
    Mine went down by a grand ;o aha
    WTF! When i seen that Damien, i just said to myself, F-uck off! lol i dont understand this at all, i am 24, with 4 years no claims and i drive a 1.7 vauxhall combo diesel (not even a turbo) and for the basic TPFT it is £820 for me! and thats the basic, no windscreen cover etc just to be insured! if i wanted fully comp thats £2000!!! how do you guys do it?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast