Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What car for £10k max?

Im a big fan of the S2000, I was being defensive of the fact Jamie drew comparison to an Evo and they're totally different cars.

I have thought on many occasions I would like an S2000, just not at the moment over the Evo. S2000 and a rotrex would be laughs x10>power of HeMan!!!!

Its not a Type R either

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Im a big fan of the S2000, I was being defensive of the fact Jamie drew comparison to an Evo and they're totally different cars.

I have thought on many occasions I would like an S2000, just not at the moment over the Evo. S2000 and a rotrex would be laughs x10>power of HeMan!!!!

Its not a Type R either
    Fair play then, not two cars you could really compare!

From what I gather insurance is really stupid on s2000's too..

Punto know it all
    I only compared to servicing evo every mile and high tax lol not really a comparison other than money saving lol

Brummy bummer
    Thing is with tax even the more expensive cars differ by like £200 from the lesser ones, and £200 over a year is literally nothing, so I don't understand why people buy or forgo certain cars based on a £200 a year tax saving and people do do it <shrugs>

That's exactly my thoughts to the RS Dan (to me it doesn't matter to much about day-to-day drivability as you know), I think in losing the AYC and the fact an Evo is still very practical yet hellish fast in any road conditions you lose what an Evo is. There is just something about them, and the price reflects that!

I'm a little...not bored...but sick of hearing about Evo's and seeing them, I think I've wanted one for so long I'm over it sort of thing. Hard to explain. Once the house (and garage!) is bought and I've settled I think I'll move straight on to an M3 CSL or R34 GTR if prices don't skyrocket. I am keeping the FRS though

Quote Originally Posted by gt1-jamie View Post
    I only compared to servicing evo every mile and high tax lol not really a comparison other than money saving lol
    More expensive, higher performing car so of course the costs are more.

My Evo however is cheaper to run than say..... an F40!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    Thing is with tax even the more expensive cars differ by like £200 from the lesser ones, and £200 over a year is literally nothing, so I don't understand why people buy or forgo certain cars based on a £200 a year tax saving and people do do it <shrugs>

That's exactly my thoughts to the RS Dan (to me it doesn't matter to much about day-to-day drivability as you know), I think in losing the AYC and the fact an Evo is still very practical yet hellish fast in any road conditions you lose what an Evo is. There is just something about them, and the price reflects that!

I'm a little...not bored...but sick of hearing about Evo's and seeing them, I think I've wanted one for so long I'm over it sort of thing. Hard to explain. Once the house (and garage!) is bought and I've settled I think I'll move straight on to an M3 CSL or R34 GTR if prices don't skyrocket. I am keeping the FRS though
    I hear what you're saying, every douche bag compares anything and everything to an Evo on this forum and others, I'll quickly defend it though as I did with my GT and similar.

CSL wouldnt be worth moving to for me personally, neither would an R34, it would have to be an R35 real deal GTR miniumum.

I don't think the CSL is that much of a leap from the run of the mill M3 for me, still love them though. The one that kaned Zac's 306 sounded the bomb!

Brummy bummer
    Have always loved Bayside blue R34's and the V-specs just look unreal, much better than any Evo imo. Much rarer too which is always a plus point for me.

Always the option of 'charging an M3 CSL too haha.

If R35's drop to £25k in a couple of years that could be an option too, but not likely.

Anyway, what you getting Todd?

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    im still liking the idea of a megane r26 f1 tbh, was one parked up at my job today, had a good look around it

Punto Enthusiast
    Yea since ive seen this thread theyve grown on me to

Punto Enthusiast
    I collected this on friday night. A bmw 325 m sport for 6 k on a 53 plate done 74k pulls hard and i love it as my daily driver and still got the punto for fun times.

Punto know it all
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2609321156...84.m1436.l2649

Try this for something different.......

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast