Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gt?

Bigdude

gt?

im looking for a gt but im gonna be meticulous!!
    I want:-

97R-onwards (poss a P) (GT2/3)
    NO MODS (except handling/wheels)
    yellow/silver/blue in colour
    under 50k mile preferably unless very well looked after!!!

how much am i looking to pay for a car like this?

Punto Lover
    I'd say 3k

Punto Lover
    My Gt was £3500 it's 97 and has 38,000miles..

O and its yellow

<-----------

I have just got in about a month or so ago.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendy
    My Gt was £3500 it's 97 and has 38,000miles..

O and its yellow

<-----------

I have just got in about a month or so ago.
    That is a ****ing bargain mate, fairplay.

Punto Lover
    LOL...

I know, I know... lol

Punto know it all
    lmfao £3k for a sub 50k miler 97 plate onwards? ha ha ha ha

er, try nearer £4k if not more for a minter!

Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    lmfao £3k for a sub 50k miler 97 plate onwards? ha ha ha ha

er, try nearer £4k if not more for a minter!
    There is no way that a GT is worth nearly £2000 more than a Sporting of the same age in the used car market. £750 yes, nearly £2000 no.

The only GT on Autotrader within 100 miles of me over £3k:
    1998 FIAT PUNTO GT Turbo, 1998, R reg. 61000 miles, Black, alloy wheels, e/w, e/s/r, nice looking car, lifetime stainless . . . . (private) more info £3,000 99 miles

Further more...

1996 FIAT PUNTO Gt 3dr Hatchback 1996 Black ESR, EW, EM, ABS, Black Alloys, dump valve alarm & immobiliser, 10 disc CDchanger, Remote Central Locking, loads of receipts and service history. 83000 . . . . (private) more info £2,800 9 miles

1996 FIAT PUNTO 1.4 GT, 1996, P reg. 70000 miles, yellow, 9 mths MoT, 3 mths Tax, FSH, just been serviced, new exhaust, c/l, f/e/pack, dump valve, alloys, good condition. . . . . . (private) more info £2,800 86 miles

A year older, so £200 less...

97 GT = £3k from what I see, perhaps add on £100 per 10,000 miles under average it's done... Total Price = £3200 maximum.

Punto know it all
    Sorry Paul, but a GT, over 1997, under 50k miles (depends how far under I suppose), assuming the rarity of them, and that a good one is worth its weight in parts costs alone.

Nah, £3200 is what mine is priced at with 70k miles, and I think that's reasonable. Anything under 50k is considered low mileage and will command a premium.

I am going on what I've previously looked at when buying my gt, and what has been touted around on here and what people on here have bought. It's a fact that whatever parkers says, a gt that has been looked after and under 50k will command quite a premium.

Anonymous
    So how do you propose to get people to look at it when there are newer cars on Autotrader that cost less??? I mean I wouldnt drive 30 miles to look at a car which is £3200 for a 97 Gt with 70k, when there was a 98 GT on an S plate with 60k for £3k

You have to get people through the door before you can show them that it has been cared for !

Sorry Jim, I honestly think that a 97 GT with 70k on the clock isn't worth over £2800.

I do know that my car is overpriced on here, thats mainly because of the parts on the car, which if sold seperately would bring it up to a price in the region of what I'm asking. So I'm going to strip the parts, sell them on and sell the car as standard on Autotrader.

Punto know it all
    lol, your car is overpriced on here paul because it's been very well cared for as people know, and people know the car, know you, and know that if anything's needed doing to your car it's been done.

I'd suggest on autotrader you wouldn't put it up for that.

Likewise with mine I think, it is what the car's worth, in the knowledge that you know the previous owner, can contact him for any further issues or knowledge, and know that the car has been cared for, no dodgy history and so on. Forgetting the fact I have a fairly individual car with what it has, gt3 engine, gt2 interior and a few other bits, yeah people aren't going to know that there is a difference on autotrader but they'll know on here, and they know my car has been looked after, you've seen the pics lol

I may not get any looks at £3200 on autotrader, but then it's not on autotrader and for that money I'd just keep it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast