Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The only Puntograle ever made .. ?

The only Puntograle ever made .. ?

Punto know it all
    mad
    all that fuss over a wide kit fitted but the engine wow from what i see
    wana see this on the run
    try to dig that up Matt

Punto Lover
    that car looks insane nice find.

Nice find! Looks the bollocks, always has!

Ugly thing

I don't like it either, I have gone off ov body kits.
    ALL GENUINE FIAT PARTS AVAILABLE AT TRADE PRICES TO PSC MEMBERS
    WE ARE THE 2ND LONGEST SERVING FIAT DEALER
    http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...38#post1311438

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I wander where it is now?

The Grama 2 Punto - or Puntograle as it has often been called - was a one-off publicity vehicle for Maggiora (who also built the Punto Rally and S1600) when the last of the Evo 2 Delta Integrales were being delivered during October 1994. They designed and built the car at a time when they had taken over production of the Evo2 Delta Integrales at Chivasso and it was originally shown at a party there to celebrate the last production batch of the famous Delta Integrale.

The overall impression of the car is just stunning.... it has been carefully crafted to look like a Punto Mk1 GT. This is a trick as the Punto body has been grafted onto a Dedra Integrale floor pan - so this Punto has four wheel drive and an Integrale engine!
    Easy to say - but the Dedra floorpan happens to be about 12 inches longer than the Punto's body. The use of special front and rear valences with an additional 7inches depth disguise the floor pan’s length, while wheel arch and sill extensions blend away the 6 inches of additional track width. The size of the 17inch Integrale rims, shod with 205/45 tyres, does much to distract the eye into thinking all is ‘Punto’ normal – as does the all gold paint finish. The wheels provide the only hint that the Delta’s 4 wheel drive system lies beneath.

I've never seen this car in 'reality' to have a detailed look at their engineering choices - so if anyone has had a close look I'd love to know more. If I was doing this, I'd look to align the front bulkhead with the floor pan bulkhead position, then make the (small) change to the front cross member and its postion to get the drive shaft/axle line right. Most of the correction of wheel base would then be achieved at the rear of the floor pan (to get the wheel base right for the Punto shell) - but using the Dedra suspension mounts and cutting the Dedra floorpan forward of the suspension at a convenient point to retain the 4WD kit mounts. Then you'd need only a shorter rear drive 'prop' shaft. The 'catch' with this approach is that there wouldn't be enough room in a standard Punto engine bay for the Integrale induction/injector set up (unless you lost the heater area and re built the area under the windscreen)... and the rear seat space may look odd (where the floor pan chopping was done)?

Originally the project’s single chassis was fitted out with an 8-valve Delta unit. But trials with the car convinced them it was capable of constraining a full on 16-valve turbo Integrale spec. Power is quoted at over 220bhp @ 5750rpm. Top speed is estimated ‘above 220kph’ while its gearing is thought to be rally spec derived and short – so acceleration is abrupt and brutal!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.466856,-0.290471

Punto know it all
    come across this weird looking punto while reading about the Puntograle,what is this?

and some more pics here

Punto Lover
    Fiat also build 1996 3 1.8 16v 6 speed in MK1 Chassis! With LSD and some other nice goodies! 160hp. The last one stand somewhere in italy

Last edited by TurboAndre; 13th January 2012 at 13:04.

Epic car, wonder if it still lives....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast