Thread: Simon's MX-5

Punto Lover

Simon's MX-5

After my attempts on my own car, my work was admired by one of my neighbours relatives. Weather was on and off all day but still managed it in the end, now its chucking it down, but the water beads are amazing!

Products used:
    Farecla G3 Scratch Remover (in places)
    Farecla G3 Paint Rejuvination
    Chemical Guys Gloss
    Meguiars Carnauba Wax
    Turtle Wax tyre shine
    Masking tape and newspaper (newspaper for the roof)

Before:

Haze shows up better here

After:
    The bottom right of the picture shows the true state of the paintwork, higher up on the right is just the splash of the product.

(The bonnet, needed more attention in 4 sections, but I got there in the end, maybe there's a better product I can use?)
    The bonnet, Excuse the white bits, that's due to lack of buffing (lazyness) I went over the car with a finishing pade

There's a horrible plastic thing that's ruining the car on the back, I have advised the owner to colour code.

Beading:
    Last edited by chetchet007; 29th December 2011 at 16:06.

What did you struggle with on the bonnet for it to take 4 attempts mate? If it was deeper defects, this can sometimes be the way things go, or if it was just to get the level of correction / swirl removal you desired, this is where having a wider range of products and equipment really helps.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    What did you struggle with on the bonnet for it to take 4 attempts mate? If it was deeper defects, this can sometimes be the way things go, or if it was just to get the level of correction / swirl removal you desired, this is where having a wider range of products and equipment really helps.
    Sorry that's worded pretty shockingly! I was doing it in sections, so I halved the bonnet, and split it into 3rds. After I thought I was done, there were 4 sections that needed more attention.

Gave them the attention they needed and the difference is shocking!