Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sounds cards

FLiPNFiLL

I had Cubase SX 2.01 think my mate has it, you can get it on the newsgroups or places like KaZaa etc.

I use the original SL2 as I bought it originally for the MAC as no cracked software worked on that, but now im back using PC I can use it still as its a dual-cd (works on both OS's).

Altho I do use Sound forge 7 (downloaded ) & Acid.

FLiPNFiLL
    PS< you tried REASON yet?

Unbelievable, I bought it (£200) but im sure its downloadable from somewhere, but I just got like 1.4GB of samples for it!

Its like having 10,000 synths!

No i aint tried reason but ive got rebirth so if its anything like that its going to be good I don't switch my gear on often need to be motivated a bit. Im a bit bored of music at the moment keep listening to my old skool collection remembering when music ment something
    What gear do use Flip ??

FLiPNFiLL
    I have;

Quasimidi Sirius
    Yamaha AN1x
    Korg Trinity Plus

'Absolute Zero 2' Monitors
    Behringer Eurorack 12 Channel Mixer
    MOTU Midi Timepiece AV
    Samson Servo 260 AMP.

Will be selling the AN1x soon though.

Software wise I use Sound Forge 7, Cubase SL2, REASON & HALion2.

Reason is kinda like Rebirth, but it allows you to load files called 'refills' which are basically the equivelent of having that synth...

Example;

You load a JP8000 Refill into REASON, then play it through a sequencer or master keyboard, and you will have some of the patches from a JP8000!

And theres tons of refills about too!

Hows the EMU, you impressed with it ?? Im impressed with the specs but i really wanted a Firewire card so i could use it with my laptop.

If you're selling the AN1x you will have room for a Juno 6

Is your copy of reason cracked ?? If so ill pay you for a copy

Do you get any MIDI timing problems with your MOTU ?? Ive got a MOTU MIDI Express XT (Parallel Interface) and seem to get the odd problem now and again, was wondering what settings you use with Cubase with your MOTU

if u just want a simple 5.1 card, get a sound blaster live.

does the job. dont get much software with it, nut it makes 5.1 noise.

we sell them at work with 99% of new pc's.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

FLiPNFiLL
    Quote Originally Posted by arnell
    Hows the EMU, you impressed with it ?? Im impressed with the specs but i really wanted a Firewire card so i could use it with my laptop.

If you're selling the AN1x you will have room for a Juno 6

Is your copy of reason cracked ?? If so ill pay you for a copy

Do you get any MIDI timing problems with your MOTU ?? Ive got a MOTU MIDI Express XT (Parallel Interface) and seem to get the odd problem now and again, was wondering what settings you use with Cubase with your MOTU
    Basically, the EMU does all I need and more! Dont think TBH ill ever use it to half its capabilities...But it looks good

LOL, Id love the Juno, but selling the AN1x, to get more space, you'll find when you use REASON & VSTi's that you pretty much will only need 1 Synth, even then you may just want a midi keyboard as a master and thats it!

Unfortunately, the Reason I have is the full version, I bought it new for £195, I dont think its possible to find cracked version of that (hence why I had to buy it ) Altho having a registered copy allows more free sounds to be downloaded!
    If you do get it tho, ive got a CD Full of sounds I can give you.

As for the MOTU, mine is USB, but if your using the latest drivers from MOTU then there shouldnt be any stability/timing problems.
    I just downloaded the drivers, and then when I ran Cubase it automatically had them as outputs...
    Might be worth having a word with the tech guys @ MOTU ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12