Thread: Gtechniq C1

Brummy bummer

Gtechniq C1

Used it Matthew? Is it any good?

Punto Enthusiast
    I've used it.

Absolutely amazing. So easy to apply/remove. The beading and sheeting are incredible also. Claimed to last 4-5 years I think. I'm considering using it on my car to stop it from fading after I correct it.

I've not used it, but have used a similar product (ceramic coating). I have heard mixed reviews about the C1, but from my own beliefs I think it will be a good product. I had a 50/50 chance of using that or the ceramic for that Civic I did not so long back, and chose the ceramic because it has greater scratch resistant properties. I guess it depends what you are looking for mate? As the ceramic coating I use lasts 2-3 years. The C1 is claimed at 5 years durability, but it has only been around for a couple of years (only in the last 6 months has it been available to anyone outside the trade!). I have heard reviews that the beading starts to dwindle at around 12months, but that doesn't neccessarily mean the product has failed. In any event, you can top it with wax/sealant anyway.

Go for it. Take lots of pics and post them up
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.